36: Better then Ever

Taehyung spent the next millennium keeping the peace with the angels and remaining quite close friends with them. Humans still feared him, but with a profound level of respect. Safe to say, Taehyung embraced both sides of who he was: his angelic teachings aiding him in ruling a better Hell and his charismatic, but demonic tendencies to flirt and charm his way through angelic society. He never tried looking for a new lover though; he had made a promise to await his beloved Aurora when she returned.

Meanwhile, if that bastard Chanyeol came back first, Taehyung vowed he would lock him up in the most secure prison in Hell and let him rot. So far, none have returned. As did their master, some of Taehyung's staff also found happiness. Mark, his ever so diligent butler, ended up falling for the groundskeeper of the castle, Jackson. Youngjae, his page, found love with the head of castle staff, JB.

Yugyeom, the young kitchen boy, met a high ranking demon that called himself BamBam and was now in a happy relationship with the man. Tzuyu, who had given up on scheming against Taehyung, met a kind angel who helped her out of Hell and the two were now married and living up in Heaven.

And what of Heaven? Namjoon and Jin married, adopting a young boy five years later as their son. Jimin and Yoongi, who were always seen bickering, eventually adopted a set of fraternal twins and were now raising a happy family. Hoseok, the cheerful angel of Charity, decided to stay single, but never hesitated to spur of the moment hookups. And Jungkook? He fell for one of the maids of his house; a pretty girl named Yeri.

All seemed just fine for both Heaven and Hell, as of now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Master!"

Taehyung looked up from his book, looking over his glasses at Youngjae, who had arrived.

"Another letter?" He inquired, taking the scroll from the young man. He looked at the seal on it and chuckled. "Seokjin? That's the third one this week!"

Youngjae pulled out a fresh scroll of parchment and a quill, ready to write the king's response as he opened the letter and began to read.

'My Dearest Taehyung,

I know that you are rather busy, I mean, who wouldn't be running Hell?  But might I ask for a bit of your time in two days? I'm gathering all our friends together for a picnic down on Earth and I really hope you are able to attend.

With warmest regards,
Seokjin'

Taehyung smiled as he rolled up the scroll again and turned to his page.

"To My Dear Seokjin, I'm never too busy to enjoy some time with my closest friends. I will happily attend the picnic you have planned the day after tomorrow. My best wishes to all up in Heaven." He said, Youngjae finishing off the scroll with a few more scratching sounds upon the parchment. He placed it down for Taehyung to sign, and grabbed a candle nearby to seal it off. Taehyung quickly signed it before stamping the seal and sending Youngjae on his way to deliver the letter. Taehyung sighed in contentment as he turned to his window, where the Hellfire below happily burned as souls screamed for mercy.

"Home has never felt so welcoming." He said before hearing a child's voice call his name.

"Uncle Taehyung!"

Taehyung walked over to the desk and picked up the mirror, only to be greeted by the face of Jisung, Seokjin and Namjoon's young son.

"Uncle Taehyung! Did you get Eomma's letter?! Are you coming?!" He exclaimed, his eyes bright with excitement. Taehyung chuckled in reply. Jisung reminded him so much of his younger self, he didn't mind Seokjin's scolding when it came to spoiling his young nephew.

"Well, you'll just have to wait for the letter to answer your question. Didn't either of your fathers ever teach you to be patient?"

Jisung pouted at him, his little nose scrunching up and his eyebrows furrowing.

"You're no fun, Uncle Taehyung." He said with a pout. Taehyung feigned a sigh as he looked away dejectedly.

"Well, looks like I'll have to put away those presents I was planning to bring you." He said. Jisung's eyes widened as he looked at him in shock.

"Presents?!"

Taehyung nodded as he made a dramatic scene in showing how sad he was before saying, "I guess I can give them to Jaemin or Somi then."

"No way! They're my presents! Don't give them to those meanies!" Jisung yelled. Taehyung chuckled as he smiled coyly at the boy.

"That's why you're my favorite nephew~" He teased as Jisung's smile returned to his face.

"Yay! Does that mean I get presents?!" He exclaimed. Taehyung nodded with a chuckle.

"Yes Jisung, you get presents." He said as the boy clapped his hands and cheered.

"Jisung, who are you talking to?" Seokjin's voice called as Jisung yelped in surprise.

"Eomma's home! Gotta go! I'll see you later, Uncle Taehyung!" He yelled quickly before shutting off the mirror. Taehyung sighed as he smiled. Maybe one day he can have a kid like Jisung.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Night had fallen when he was called again by his mirror. Taehyung was just finishing up some letters when Jisung's voice interrupted the quiet air.

"Uncle Taehyung!"

Taehyung picked up the mirror and this time, Jisung was joined by Seokjin.

"Well, look who's back already." He remarked as Seokjin raised an eyebrow at Jisung.

"Back? What do you mean back? Has Jisung spoken with you before? Jisung, are you using the mirror without my permission?" He asked as Jisung laughed sheepishly. Taehyung's lips curled into a sly grin.

"It's obvious that Jisung," He winked at the boy. "Is taking after his favorite uncle."

Seokjin rolled his eyes as he moved on.

"Anyways, I got your letter. Are you really going?"

Taehyung nodded as he leaned the mirror against a stack of books and started to write another letter.

"It's been a while since I've seen my nephews and niece. I suppose I should give the kids a visit." He said in wistful voice.

"Master!"

He excused himself before turning to Jinyoung and asked, "What is it?"

"Do we put the new Speed Stallions by the Shadow Steeds or..." He asked with a hesistant look. Taehyung smiled. His new shipment of horses were in.

"Put them by the Flame Eaters. I'll be testing them out tomorrow morning." He said before turning back to the angels.

"What are Speed Stallions?" Jisung asked as Taehyung smirked coyly.

"Oh, you know, those super fast race horses that are the best for chariot riders. They're pretty normal down here in Hell." He said casually as Jisung's eyes widened. The boy turned to Seokjin, who looked at the boy in warning.

"Now Jisung-"

"Eomma! Can I go to Uncle Taehyung's house?!"