The Amity rebel

CHAPTER 1

As I wake up to the smell of warm oatmeal. I jump out of bed and put on my red and yellow dress with my brown fuzzy boots.

"Cassandra breakfast time sweet heart," yells my mother from the kitchen. I run in take my plate. "You excited for today?" She asks. "Yes, because I know I'll just end up getting Amity and not have to worry about making the hardest choice ever," I reply.

I'm lucky to be living in Amity, everyone and everything is always happy, but the only problem is I'm not always happy. To be honest, I don't even belong here. I lied to my mom. I want to be brave, or smart, or selfless. But anything but happy, I mean why be ALWAYS happy when you could be one of the toughest people ever in dauntless? Or be a super genius in erudite? These are questions my mind always seems to ask.

I'll have to think about my family, my whole family, all 10 members. (Yes I said 10) my little sisters look up to me, and my big brothers and sister left so I have to take care of the family. But I'll also have to think about what I want. My life is my life, but part of that is staying loyal to the ones I love and care for.

I quietly put my plate into the sink once I am finished and walk to the car. We have to drive to the city for testing. My father stays home with my littler siblings and my mother and I head to abnegation. We load the car and my mother gives my father a small kiss on the cheek. Right before we leave my youngest sister runs out and gives me the biggest and longest squeeze ever. "I love you," she whispers in my ear. I smile kissing her head and she runs back to the house. We wave goodbye and start our long, and suspenseful, ride to the city. Where my life will change forever.