The Amity Rebel

Chapter 5

I slowly get out of the car and my mom locks it behind us. "They will still love you," she says turning to me before we walk in. I nod and smile as she opens the door.

"Cassy's home!" Says the oldest one.

After that they all run in and give me hugs as I kiss their heads.

"What did you get!?" They all ask.

"You guys promise not to be upset?" I ask as the smiles on their little faces fade away. They all nod.

"I got dauntless," I say, happy to finally get that over with.

Oddly enough the smiles that disappeared come back on their faces.

"So you can be all tough and beat people up right!?" Says one of my little sisters named Haley.

"I mean I guess...." I say back to her.

"When I take my test, I want to get dauntless too! So that when I grow up I can be just like you!" Says the youngest one named Sarah.

I bend down on my knees and take her small hands, "when you grow up, you should be just like you," I say kissing her forehead. She smiles in reply and pulls me into a hug.

"Now go play girls, Cassy is going to help me make dinner," says my mom as they all run of. I can see some of them pretending to punch each other and yelling "I'm more dauntless than you!" I just laugh at this and go into the kitchen with my mom.

"Told you," she says cutting some carrots.

"Told me what?" I ask as I rinse some food in the sink.

"That they still love you," she says putting down her knife and giving me a hug, "that I still love you."

"And I love you," I say still hugging her.

Maybe I'll be ok in dauntless, as long as I remember that I'm fighting for the girls who want to be just like me.