The Amity rebel

Chapter 2

As we drive in the hot and sticky car I can start to see the old city cutting into the crisp clouds. My brother chose Abnegation when he turned 16, maybe I can see him again today, but for now I have to think about the test.

"Marcus runs the country well darling," my mother says noticing my glances.

"Mhm" I reply still looking out the window.

"Are, are you nervous at all," she asks.

"Yes, terrified. I didn't want to look scared in front of the little ones, so I lied," I tell her. It feels good to get it off my chest finally.

Thinking about the test is making my stomach ache, so I roll down the window half way. My dark brown hair blows as the refreshing wind hits against it. I stick my hand out the window into the air. I haven't done this since I was five. I would push my hand against the door and try to raise it up without letting the pressure of the wind push it back down, but then again it's not like I knew physics when I was five. My mother stops the car and just as I'm about to ask why she stopped I see the testing areas. "I love you no matter what faction you get," my mother says squeezing me into a hug. "I love you too," I say getting out of the car. I take a deep breath and walk to one of the small buildings with several other amity members. This next step will determine my whole future, I better make it good.