Chapter 9

“Lesley..Lesley…Lesley..LESLEY!” Ray called out for his girlfriend.

“Oh sorry, yes?” She said absently.

“The hell are you doing over there?” He looked pass them two to see her texting.

“We’re suppose to be practicing our dance babe, not texting Anita” He said and stopped the music.

“Actually, i’m texting you’re mom ..” She looked at her phone and smiled suddenly.

“Oh really? I doubt that. You wouldn’t be smiling if you were.”

“Well actually, it’s Prodigy.”

“WHY?!”

“I’m joking, joking. It’s MY parents really.”

His whole mood changed “..Oh.”

“Yeah..it’s fine though.”

“Oh okay…well what do they want?”

“Nothing, just checking up on me babe.” She whispered and walked up to him.

“Don’t give me that Lesley…I know already.”

Wrapping her arms around his waist, she grimaced “I’m not! It’s true…You’re gonna have to meet them soon..but not now and not tomorrow.”

Nodding, he looked away. “Alright, don’t let me lose you Lesley..”

“You won’t…” Grabbing his face and making him look at her, she whisper “You won’t, I’m here to stay.” leaning up, she kissed him quickly.

“Alright, let’s get to it.” He grinned and pulled her closer.

Counting silently in her head, they practiced their dance.

A Thousand Years- Christina Perri begin to play…

“Then you start singing along with the part .. NOW” He directed.

“How can I love when i’m afraid. To.Fall.” She began the song, faking to fall; he caught her and slowly pull her back.

Dancing along to the song, they moved together.

“One step closeeee..r” Each step, they get closer together.

“I have died everyday waaaiting for you , darling don’t be afraid i have loved you for a thousand years.. i’ll love you for a thousand more…” She sang, coming together they dance.

“One step closer…One step closer! I have died everyday waiting for you, Darling don’t be afraid i have loved you for a thousand years..i’ll love you for a thousand more….” Moving faster with the song, their body sway to the music.

Once the instrumental begin, they caught each hand and came together.

Breathing heavy and smiling each other, they stayed quiet.

“You’re amazing…You truly are.” He whisper looking into her eyes.

“Really?” She smiled up at him as her eyes began to water.

“Yes baby, you’re different from the other girls. I know that’s a line that every guy has given to a girl but it’s true. You are… And this saturday, in two more days everyone will see what an amazing and creative girl you are.” He respond.

“What happen to the bad boy I met in dance class a few months back?” She asked.

“He was replaced with the real me babe.” He smiled also.

“I’m glad but i-” She said.

Then the whole crew came through his door.

“Y’all ready?!” Princeton yelled from the door.

“I’m sorry, they are so nosy.” Anita whispered while grabbing for her bestfriend.

Laughing, she said “It’s fine. We were done anyway.”

“How is it going?”

“GOOD. It’s so romantic… I really hope my parents can make it… So they can see what a good and nice guy Ray is.”

“Lesley! Get the door, the pizza is here.” Roc yelled from the living room.

“Are you ready, Darling?” Her mother asked the morning of the dance.

Breathing slowly in and out, she forced a smile “Yes mother, I am actually.”

“That’s good, we will try to make it.” Nodding her head, she left the room.

“Lesley! Anita is here to pick you up” Her dad called from down stairs.

Grabbing her dress and ballet shoes she silently prayed and walked down stairs.

“Okay people! An hour ’til. Make me proud for this is the last year I will have you. This is your junior year and make it last. Be aspiring and creative but also…Be yourself” Mr.Martin smiled at everyone.

He slowly wrapped his arms around her waist, and whispered in her ear “Show time..”

-Smiles How do you like Chapter 9 “10” ?

- Comment, Subscribe, Or share it please and Thank you !

thumbs up Follow me on twitter! @ilikeyour_face

Email me for anything @xSincerlyUs@gmail.com !