Benny Rodriguez

You were the new kid in town and knew no one

You were the new kid in town and knew no one. Summer just began so it was going to be even harder to make friends. You decided to take a walk through town to see if there was anyone you could become friends with.

You were walking down a neighbourhood when you heard yelling coming from a place behind some trees. You decided to check it out to see what was happening. You walked through the small clearing between the trees when you saw a baseball field with some guys around your age. You stayed to the side and watched as they played baseball. There was one kid who you kept looking back at. He was the one hitting the balls to the other boys.

He hit the ball and a kid missed it so the ball rolled over to you.

"Smalls! You missed it again! What's happening with you?" A short kid with glasses asked. The kid hitting the balls shook his head as he started walking your way until he saw you. He suddenly stopped and looked taken back. What you didn't know was that he was taken back by your beauty.

"Um here you go" You said as you picked up the ball and threw it back to him.

"Hey Benny are we gonna play or are you going to make googly eyes at her all day?" The same kid with glassed asked.

"Yeah yeah" Another kid said as everyone started laughing.

"Base up you block heads" The hitting kid said. "I'm Benny by the way" He said to you.

"Y/n" You said with a smile as the two of you shook hands.

"You can stay if you like" Benny said.

"Thank you" You said happily. You were finally going to make friends and maybe something more.