3 - Coffee

Jack's P.O.V.:

I woke up, feeling excited for the new day. I threw on some clothes, before checking my phone.

Saturday.

I groaned, trying to fall back asleep, but no luck. Suddenly, I remembered Mark. I yanked my phone front bedside table, and quickly searched for his number in my contacts.

Me: MARK

Mark: Jack? I can hear you screaming.

Me: Shut up. Can we got coffee today?

Mark: Sure. What time?

Me: Now..?

Mark: Fine.

I giggled, feeling my heart leap from my chest. After agreeing on a nearby coffee shop, I quickly got ready and skipped to the petite store. I saw Mark on his phone in the window with coffee already, blushing. A sweater draped over him, and some sweat pants to top it off, he looked very comfortable. Which was kinda cute. I walked in, sitting down with him. His blush darkened. He coughed, covering his face. I tilted my head.

"Are you sick? If so, I can just-"

"No, no. It's... not that." Mark said in a deep but tired voice, which made me froze.

Why does his voice have to be so... intoxicating to me...

"S-So... how are you?" I awkwardly smiled. He barely smiled.

"Good, I guess. You?"

"Uh, good... now that I'm here..." I muttered.

"Why is that?" Mark asked me with a curious smile plastered across his features.

"B-Because I really needed coffee!" I exclaimed quickly.

"Geez, okay..." Mark laughed. I found myself staring at him. He snapped in my face.

"Don't fall for me just yet." He joked sarcastically. My face grew extremely hot.

"W-Why would you think I'd to that! Psh! I don't even like you! You're so... ugly!" I defend. He rolls his eyes.

"Sure," Mark says, "because I'm the most unattractive person ever." I gasped.

"No! Don't say that about yourself! I was just saying that-" I began, put park shoved his hand in my face.

"Just stop talking. I get it." Mark smiles. I return the favor.

"Sorry for being so weird..."

"It's fine, don't worry about it." Mark says in the sweetest time possible. I cracked my knuckles nervously. After ordering my coffee, I attempted to drink it, but spilt it all over my shirt and pants. I covered my hands with my face.

"God, I'm so stupid!" I yell. Mark sighs, grabbing a napkin.

"It's fine, I'll help you clean it up." Mark shrugs

He's so nice... I didn't expect this from him. He's like a cold hearted at first, but so sweet and... cute when he's not angry.

Mark cleaned up the floor, as I rung my shirt out. Mark threw a napkin at my pants.

"Not touching that." He laughs, scratching the back of his neck. I giggle. After cleaning up, we decided to go on a walk through the park.

"This seems like a date." Mark says randomly. My blood froze.

"Y-You don't have to be here if it makes you uncomfortable!" I warn. Mark shakes his head.

"I mean, I know it's not. I mean, if I were to take you on a date, you'd be treated like a princess." Mark snickers. I playfully hit him.

"In your dreams." I teased. He laughed.

"Maybe, I dunno..." I barely heard him mutter.

"What?"

"N-Nothing... don't worry about it." Mark brushed it off, looking in another direction.

What was that supposed to mean...

We walked throughout the park, and back. Eventually, we had finished our walk.

"So... I know the beach isn't that far away... wanna go there sometime?" I questioned. The blood from Marks gave drained, but he eventually put a smile over it.

"Ah... s-sure... That'd be nice..." Mark said, nervously messing with his thumbs.

"We don't have to." I reminded him. He shook his head.

"I want to! If you wanna go, I mean..." Mark giggled nervously. I nodded.

"Alright! I'll... text you..?" I asked. He nodded. We awkwardly parted ways, us both running back to our homes. I locked the door abruptly behind me, sliding down it.

"What are you doing to me, Mark..." I sighed, clutching my chest.

"You're going to drive me crazy if we're together..."

Mark's P.O.V.:

I ran inside, collapsing on the couch.

"You stupid boy... I don't like you... I swear..." I said, pulling my hair. My heart was beating out of its chest by now. I drank some water and tried to calm myself down. After that, nothing really happened durning the day. Until dawn. (I had to, I'm sorry)

Séan: I had fun today... thank you. Goodnight, Mark.

Me: I did, too. Goodnight, Jack.

I looked at his name, feeling uncomfortable just staring at it. I changed his name to 'Jack'. I slowly put a heart next to it, seeing what that would feel like. My heart skipped a beat, as I quickly deleted it. I threw my phone down, blushing like an idiot as I drifted to sleep.

"I'm acting like a teenager..."

-Time Skip-

I woke up again, feeling good about today. I didn't get to hang out with Jack, but I planned on getting a lot done. It's going to be a long day, but I'm going to make the most out of it. I began scrolling the emails, and lesson plans, until I came across an email from the principal.

"'Saw you with McLoughlin yesterday... you two looked pretty cute.'..? What?!" I read aloud. I sighed in frustration, responding that we were just getting coffee. I brought my hands to my face.

"Why does the universe for his to me? Fuck you for me loving you and hating you!" I muttered.

"The universe, I mean..." I chucked aloud. I'm talking to myself. Wow. Never did this before. Probably Wade'a fault. I'm blaming it on Wade.