5 - Teach Me, Teach (Part 1)

Mark's P.O.V.:

God, that idiot had to perform mouth to mouth! He's got me flustered whenever I see him. I passed by him in the hallways just a few minutes ago, and now I'm panting and clutching my chest in a janitors closet. I wipe the sweat from my forehead and continue onto the copy room where I had been heading before.

But guess who was there?

I froze in my steps, clearing my throat. Quickly shuffling across the room and avoiding eye contact, he cocks his head to the left.

"Mark, is everything alright? You seem a little nervous."

"It's, uh, Fischbach." I quickly respond, rubbing the back of my neck. Confusion didn't leave his face for a moment, until he realized.

"Oh. Alright. I see," he began, then pulling me closer by my collar and whispering into my ear, "but you didn't hate it, did you?"

His lips barely touched my ear, his hot breath down my neck making my lip tremble. My face flushed with red, as I began to stammer.

"T-That's not - I never said - God, you're a-an idiot!" I mumble, quickly leaving the room.

B-Bmp. B-Bmp.

I dislike this aching feeling. This beating in my chest I cannot control. I shake my head.

"God, Mark. You've got a job to do," I mumble, ashamed at my actions. I walk into my classroom, holding my head low.

"Today, we're reviewing lesson 17. I'll be handing everyone their essay outline and you can get to work. I expect 1,500 words minimum in thirty minutes. Get started." The kids in the class groaned. I shot my head up.

"Excuse me? Did I ask for your opinion? Get to work!" I slammed my fist on my desk, making several students jump. I stepped out into the hallway quickly to collect my composure. I see Jack's classroom. He looks through the smile window, puckering his lips and giggling. I race into my class and slam the door.

Damn, damn, damn!

-Time Skip~!-

After school had ended, Jack entered my classroom as I began grading the essays from today. He leaned on my desk quietly, before I took my glasses off and looked at him.

"Can I help you?"

"I'm hungry..." Jack said softly in a sing-song voice. I rolled my eyes, picking up my phone.

"Do you want pizza or something?"

"Wow. What a way to treat your boyfriend," he giggled, snatching my phone.

"H-Hey! We're not-! Give that back!"

I chased him around the room, knocking over several chairs in the process. That was until I had cornered him. He refused to give it back, so I began to tickle him.

What choice did I have?

He laughed madly, snorting and pleading for me to stop. I grabbed my phone, holding it up in the air so he couldn't reach it.

"You jerk."

Jack laughed again, retrieving his breath. I walked back over to my desk, sat down, placed the glasses upon my face, and continued to correct the essays.

"Want some help?" Jack asked child-like.

"You couldn't possibly be any help. You'd put happy faces everywhere or something,"

He frowned in offense, folding his arms. He huffed, though he knew it was true.

"I just wanted to be taken out to a fancy dinner, that's all," Jack replied nonchalantly.

"We're not dating!"