Chapter 25: Olive Branches

I brought No More with me to the armoury the next day, hoping to find a suitable sheath for her.

To keep her from slipping, I had to wipe my hands, sweaty and near shaking, by swinging the sword as I walked. Even if it did make me look mean to the kids cleaning the camp around me.

I was going to go in there, say hi to Annabeth, pray to the gods that no one else was with her, and just say, "I'm Lucy." I muttered it quietly as I pressed on, each step taking me closer to my friend. Knowing her, she was probably there already, especially since I'd been given leave to not wake up at seven like everyone else.

And I was right; Annabeth was there, with Percy by her side. But there wasn't anyone else. Thank the gods.

"The new girl," Annabeth smiled as I entered, both demigods' eyes going straight to the alien sword at my side, "How was the rest of your good night's sleep?"

That smile. I could tell that she knew, or at least was hoping.

I didn't answer her question but returned both of their smiles. "Promise you won't kill me?" I asked.

Percy scoffed, "I'm not the evil one out of the two of us."

Annabeth elbowed his side.

"I'm Lucy."

Annabeth wasted no more time and raced up to me. Her arms were shaking when they wrapped around my neck, and she began to laugh in earnest when I returned the gesture. From over her shoulder, I saw Percy standing awkwardly, unsure of what to do. "Seaweed Brain, come over here."

He looked up and awkwardly joined in.

"You certainly had a good time," Annabeth said as we pulled away, her hands on my shoulders and gazing down at my new body.

"Time flies when you're...wait that doesn't work."

Percy chuckled, and I punched him in the chest. "You sir, have been very naughty. Leaving Annabeth alone without a note or a goodbye. Do you know how hard it is to mother Annabeth Chase?"

Percy held his hands up in surrender. "The next time Hera kidnaps me, I'll let her know of the trouble it brings you."

I placed my hands on my hips, thankful I'd dropped No More as Annabeth had raced up to me. "Gods I missed you guys."

"Who else have you told?" Percy asked, kneeling and picking up No More.

"Miranda and Will."

"Not Leo?" Annabeth asked as the left side of her mouth curved into an all-knowing grin.

"I- well, you see-"

"I'm crazily crushing on him and can't get a word out when I talk to him?" Percy finished, "Out of everyone, you chose Valdez?"

"Was he that bad on your quest?" I smirked, watching the son of Poseidon hold out No More with the same grace as I should have with normal swords. Which is not a lot. Even Annabeth seemed confused by it.

"Don't get me started on that one time he made a fan base of nymphs and-"

"He was a joy," Annabeth interrupted and added, "I thought you didn't like swords."

I shrugged and grabbed No More from Percy, proceeding to swirl and twist her with much more skill than I would have with any other sword.

The pair watched, shocked at my sudden proficiency.