Is He Really Smiling?

A/n: guys, I have an announcement. I already post OC's QnA in "The Forgotten Memories.". But don't worry. I will still make another QnA. So, give many answer as many as you want and anytime you want. At "Let's Sing MLP Song!", there's another special chapter. That's all. Enjoy~

Kai's POV

I turned my head to Aichi who couldn't sleep comfortably. He kept forcing himself to sleep in his finally comfortable bed. Compared to sleeping in the Moon Sanctuary throne which was cold and not possible for a good slumber, I supposed he should be curled up easily right now.

His uncomfortable feeling was contagious that I couldn't sleep either. "Aichi,... " He didn't turn around but I continued. "Can't asleep yet?" Still no response but I still saw his movement.

I sighed in defeat as I get up and took out my deck. I looked at him once again. "Do you wanna have a Cardfight, Aichi?" This time Aichi turned to me.

Finally.

There was a silence for a second before Aichi smiled and said, "Okay." 

We got up from our bed as we sneaked around our friends and tried not to step on any of them. Our friends were sleeping on random place and random position. It almost filled the room since there were 7 teenagers with one man (Neve) in this room.

We walked toward the living room. I looked at Aichi in front of me who brought a lantern so that we can see in the dark. We couldn't turn on the light cause' it might awake anyone in this house.

Aichi put the lantern on the table while I set up the play mat. It was just a silent Cardfight between me and Aichi.

I realized that he used his Royal Paladin deck again.

I kept me eyes at him in the middle of the fight. His face was hard to read. Yes, he looked like he was having fun but serious at the same time in the fight. 

There was something different from him.

"Blaster Blade attacks your Vanguard!" Aichi exclaimed as he turned his Blaster Blade card to the side.

"Guard!" I said, showing him two cards of grade zero units.

Aichi noticed that I have been staring at him all along. He smiled to me, yet that smile is nothing but just a fake smile. He might be smiling but his eyes were empty. I didn't see any light of happiness. Even when we were in this dark place with only one lantern, I could see it clearly.

He was in grief not joy.

After three rounds, I was starting to feel sleepy. I looked at Aichi if he felt the same way, yet he didn't. Instead, his eyes didn't move in inches. "Aichi." I called him to snapped him out of it.

"I'm not sleepy yet." He said out of nowhere. "How about you?" He asked me back.

"I-" I paused as I started to yawn and Aichi noticed this.

"..."

"You also need to rest, Aichi. You're still weak from that Link Joker's effect."

Aichi looked down and stared at his cards. He held tightly the cards on his hand then he sighed. "Tomorrow is Saturday, right? I can sleep all day if I want tomorrow."

I sighed, "I won't let you. Once we finish this fight, we'll go straight to sleep." I said again as Aichi nodded.

I'm an idiot.

I didn't expect Aichi to stretch our fight longer than I expected. 

Normal POV

Friends were leaving but Aichi was still asleep. Emi and her mother were the one who standing on the terrace, watching them leave and wave.

Emi entered her house and climbed up stairs. She was going to wake up Aichi as her hand already held the door knob. But Emi released her hand from it and smiled. "I just let him awake by himself." Emi thought as she walked away.

Emi entered her room and suddenly her phone rang. She answered it. "Hello,... "

"Hi, Emi. Are you going to the Card Capital this noon?" Mai said in her phone.

"Yeah, I will. I'm free to go if I have finished the home chores." 

"I see. Okay, bye." 

"Bye." Emi ended the call.

Emi made her bed and vacuumed her room. Then, she heard a door opened and stopped her activity. She saw Aichi came out while he scratched his head and stretched his body.

Aichi noticed Emi's presence as he smiled at her. 

Emi just smiled back, "How are you now?" Emi asked.

"Never been better." Aichi said as he smiled wider then walked away.

Emi stared at her brother until he left. Emi's smile changed into a frown. "But still... it felt so weird." Emi thought.

Emi knew Aichi loved Kourin. She doubted if Aichi will be fine and became normal like that so easily. 

But it is a right choice.

Aichi has to move on.

A/n: That's all for now. I'm sorry for a long long updates. This is the shortest chapter but I'm in the mood to continuing it 😅. Okay, see you later, guys...