Chapter 1

Erik's POV:
I awoke in an unfamiliar room, sunlight streaming through the window. I squinted at its brightness, used to only the darkness of my cellar. As my eyes adjusted, I only became more confused as I could not recognize a single feature of the room I was in.

The surrounding room appeared to be a bedroom of sorts, filled with various items I had never seen before yet somehow could identify. My head began to hurt as I took in this new place, slipping out of the bed I had been sleeping in. I noticed a closet in the corner of the room, filled with clothing that I never imagined I would wear, but I knew they looked better than the pajamas I was cursed with.

"What the hell-?" A voice rang out as I finished getting dressed.

Shocked by the familiarity of the voice I ran down the hallway, bursting into the room that the voice had come from, "Nadir! Do you have any idea where we are?"

"I have not a clue, you are the genius of the two of us," he replied grumpily, climbing out of his own bed.

"How am I to know? Just because I can understand simple concepts, which apparently you cannot, does not mean that I am able to identify this strange dreamlike prison that we have been confined to."

"A dream, that must be it," he burst out in response, only causing me to roll my eyes. "This must be some sort of nightmare, that is the only explanation."

"Nadir, I am sorry to disappoint but this is no nightmare, wherever we are is as real as the world we have come from. Now, if you do not mind I would like to see if there is any sort of food hidden amongst this prison cell," I replied as I left the room and wandered around the house we had been brought to.

Everything seemed out of place, not a single ounce of familiarity. I found a small bathroom which seemed to be equipped with indoor plumbing and electricity lit the entire two floors in every room as well as in the hallways. There were no ice boxes, but instead the food was kept cool by a box-like structure that I was able to name a refrigerator.

As I found something to eat, I noticed a small calendar hanging up in the corner of the kitchen. The date read March 3rd, 2017. I dropped the pan I was holding as I realized that somehow Nadir and I had managed to travel over 130 years into the future.

"What is going on down there, Erik?" I heard Nadir demand, running down the stairs to see what was wrong.

"You must see this with your own eyes and tell me that I am not delusional," I replied, pointing towards the calendar.

His eyes widened as he muttered, "dear Allah."

Before I had a chance to respond, the room suddenly erupting into a loud and obnoxious alarm, coming from a small device on the table. I picked the phone up, reading the title of the alarm.

"Get ready for school," I spoke aloud in confusion. "Who is the one who must go to school?"

"Do you think I know, I cannot even comprehend what is going on. Check the lockscreen and determine whose phone that most likely is."

"So you can name these ridiculous products as well, can you?" I observed as I pressed the home button and found an atheistic picture of sheet music staring back at me. I sighed, "I suppose that I am the one chosen for this assignment. Please, do try to avoid burning this house down while I am gone. Once I get back I will try to determine a way for us to get back home."

"And what am I supposed to do in the meantime?"

"Perhaps there is something here for you to do as well, if not just watch some tv or something. Try to learn as much about this century as you can," I replied, returning to my room where I had remembered seeing a backpack that I assumed I had to bring with me to school.

(•}_•)

Here is the first chapter of my new phanfiction, I hope that you all enjoy it!