Just a friendly snuggle

I shot up in bed. Oh no. Why didn't I think of this sooner?! I swung my legs over the right side of my memory foam king sized bed and slipped on my slippers. I ran out my door and padded down the hall way. I made a sharp left turn and scurried down the stairs, being careful not to trip. I skidded down the hallway and grabbed the knob to Niall's room. I fumble with it a bit before I finally flung it open. I scanned the room. He seems fine. I started to walk out the door, until a soft whimpering caught my attention. I slowly turned back around and saw the small blonde boy sitting up in bed with tears streaming down his face.

The thunder boomed more powerfully than ever before. Niall tucked his knees to his chest and buried his adorable face in them. I leaped onto the bed and ran my fingers through his soft fluffy hair. His wrapped his arms around my neck and somehow ended up on my lap. I draped my arms around his waist and pulled him closer. His face was locked in my neck and I felt the cold chill of tears stain my shirt.

"Shhh. It'll be ok AngelFace." I said.

"Pwomise?"

"I promise" I say softly. I lift him up bridal style and carry him to my room. I place him on the bed and snuggle next to him. He curls into my chest and soon soft breaths can be heard. Another crack of excited thunder breaks the comfortable silence of the room.