Chapter Thirty Six: Haruhi

"To the palace." I said as we began our walk after a quick breakfast.
Lacey rolled her eyes and walked passed me.
"What crawled up her butt?" I asked Jasmine.
She smiled. "I think Lacey prefers to sleep in the comfort of her own bed and if she doesn't get her beauty rest she turns into a snake."
I smiled. "I've never seen that side of her."
"Well be prepared to see more." Jasmine stopped and let us all pass.
We walked in the back of the pack so she could secretly use her magic to search for danger. The closer we got the palace, the more paranoid she became. We had decided that walking right through the gates of our enemy's lair wouldn't be the best idea. We needed to sneak in.
"We are going through the sewer?" I asked the Colonel.
"Yes. Are you too afraid of getting dirty, my lady?" He asked with a fake bow and teasing tone.
I scowled. "No. I just thought we would go in the same way that Jasmine snuck in."
Jasmine stepped forward. "Claire, that was just me. One person can sneak in easier than a group."
"Don't worry." Lacey smiled and patted my shoulder. "The Colonel found a map and it should be easy to navigate. We just needed to get in."
We all glanced down at the sealed man-hole cover. Jasmine and I could easy remove it, but that obviously wasn't an option.
"We'll just blow it up." James shrugged.
Mr. Puttoff laughed. "With what? We didn't bring any dynamite."
"We could just lift it." Jack suggested.
"It's sealed in." Lacey pointed out. "We need to open it without getting noticed and making much noise." She glanced at Jasmine and I.
I shook my head and mouth, 'No,' to her.
Jasmine broke in. "We could find another way in."
"This is the closest one available. We could go back and find one open, but then the trip underground will be longer." The Colonel explained.
"Then that's what we have to do." I walked back down the road.
"Where's the next one?" Lacey asked the Colonel.
The Colonel pointed down the road. "About a mile back."
We slowly trekked to the sewer with our aching feet, which weren't easy to ignore.
Mr. Puttoff tugged at the cover and it was open. The other men bent down and helped him lift it up and off.
The sewer was vile. It was hot, damp, stuffy, compacted, stinky, and covered in various different kinds of scum. We walked until we were right next to the castle.
Jasmine had run ahead and used her magic to loosen the manhole cover. She made sure it was ready to come off when the rest of us approached.
We climbed up through the hole and were in the back of the castle.
"There is a door to the side here that is used for deliveries." Jasmine explained. "I snuck in there before because they always leave the door unlocked. The only problem is the security camera. I was able to knock it out before, but it will only give us a few minutes before we are overwhelmed by guards." She pointed up at the wall.
We all glanced around the corner and up at the camera above the door.
"How did you take it out before?" The Colonel asked.
Jasmine turned to James and quickly snatches his sniper rifle from his hands. "I shot it." She said and flipped around the corner.
Jasmine took her aim and shot out the camera.
"Let's go!" Lacey ran around the corner and towards the door.
We all followed her and Jasmine to the door. Jasmine ran ahead of Lacey. I watched as she used some sort of spell and the door opened.
She lied. The door wasn't locked. She used a spell to open it. She probably didn't shoot the camera either. She snuck in using her magic.
We were now in the castle. Jasmine was right. It didn't take long for guards to flood the hallway.
Bullets when flying. Luckily for us, the design of the castle was favorable. The right hallway was lined with sharp pillars of metal that served as a perfect place to hide as the guards pressed their attack. I slowly moved forward from one pillar to the next. I finally approached some guards and didn't waste anytime. I pulled out the pistol that Lacey lent me and shot them both. I then took off running around the corner and down the next hall. No one noticed me slip away.
I needed to find Katrina and Hannah. Katrina needed to be rescued and I saw a witch battle in mine and Hannah's future.
It was like a maze. Hallways that all looked the same with doors that lead to useless rooms. I turned the corner to a larger hallway. At each end were double doors. I couldn't tell which way to go. I walked closer to the set on the left and noticed windows. It was the outside. I turned back around and went to the other doors. I took a breath and opened them.
I walked into the room. It was a throne room or ballroom with massive space and a large throne across the room. There was more. There was a person in the throne. Hannah.
I stepped forward and the door shut behind me. I jumped and snapped my head back. I then turned back to see Hannah. She was now standing about twenty feet away from me.
"Hannah." I said.
She smirked at me. "Hello Claire. I see you've recovered well." Her eyes were filled with evil.
I ignored her remark. "I met a woman in the town of Marshallville. She was dying and before she took her last breath she made me swear that I would do everything in my power to save her daughter from your clutches." I explained.
"Oh, how noble. You must be talking about Katrina DeMarsh."
Hannah raised her hand off to the right and I turned my head to watch. Katrina appeared chained to the wall. She was unconscious.
She smiled. "Katrina here is my best student. I could feel her power from the moment I entered her pitiful little town. Her father was easy to kill. He was driving home and didn't account for the pole. Her mother was more of a challenge. She was a tricky one. It didn't take long for me to shoot her and take Katrina to safety. Here I will harness her power and turn her into a force for my army." She explained.
Monologuing. I've got her monologuing. The main rule is to never be caught monologuing.
Hannah continued her tripe while I thought up a plan. I needed to stop Hannah and free Katrina. Hannah would only be stopped if she was subdued. If she were to wake up, then it would all be over, she could break out of anything with her magic. So I needed to stop her magic. From my training, Jasmine taught me that there was only one thing that blocked magic. I was never to conjure this because it would block my powers. Amethyst. I needed to trap her with amethyst.