🥀Blade of Marmora🥀

Word count: 1,649

This chapter goes to KatofVoltron for guessing the song for the last chapter. Bulls in the Bronx by Pierce The Veil. 

I apologize if there's any "you's or your's" 🖤🌹🖤🌹

'Well that's not the reaction I was hoping for' thought Keith as his cheek slightly stung from the impact.

∆•∆•∆

"Keith, you're coming with me" Shiro announced.

"What?!" Kat yelled, causing everyone to look at her. "The hell he is!"

"Kat's right. Keith's a hot head! He's probably going to shoot first and ask questions later. And they're not going to be able to answer his questions because they'll be dead!" Lance exclaimed as he rose his voice and stood in front of Shiro.

Shiro placed his hands on his shoulders and made him step back. "We haven't yet severed Zarkon's link with the black lion so it has to stay here. And the red lion can withstand the heat from that sun. So, yes, it has to be Keith" He explained.

Coran explained how they had to be quick and the dangers of getting there, which only added to Kat's worried state.

Seeing as the two paladins were getting ready to depart, Kat--who stood across the room--made her way
to Keith, pulling him by the arm so she can talk to him alone.

"What do you think you're doing?" she confronted him.

"Kat, I have to do this" He informed her.

"No you don't! Keith, let someone else go"

"No one else can, you heard Shiro. Red's the only one who has a chance to make that trip"

"I'll go with you then" Kat continued.

"You can't. Only 2, Kat I have to go"  Keith reminded her. But Kat wasn't having it, she couldn't just let him go. What if something happened? She wouldn't forgive herself.

Kat left Keith and walked up to the panel where Coran was, "Open a hailing frequency" You told him.

Coran looked at her a bit surprised. "E-excuse me?"

"You heard me. Contact them" She ordered.

"I don't think they'll respond agai-"

"Kat don't do this" Keith interrupted.

She ignored him and gave Coran a deadly stare, he clicked a few buttons and motioned her to speak. "Blade of Marmora, I come to inform you that 3 people will board" She waited for a response. The robotic voice came out again,

"Two may enter. Come unarmed"

"Not two. Three, three people are going"

"Two may enter. Come unarmed"

"An extra person is coming. Understand that it seems a bit unfair to only bring 2 people when we have no idea how many of you there are. This could be an ambush for all we know" It stayed silent for a moment.

"Two may enter. Come unarmed" it said once again.

"Ugh! 3 peopl-"

"Kat!" Keith called out. Causing her to turn around, "Stop. We're leaving okay?"

She stomped over to him. "If you don't come back I'll never forgive you" She sternly told him.

"I'll come back" He reassured her. He reached over and hugged her, which she immediately returned.