🌹Bonnie and Clyde🥀

Word Count: 2,589

12/18//just came back from seeing Cuco and I left with two black rivers of sadness running down my cheeks//

(AU - bit of a "Bonnie and Clyde" kinda thing...but uh...in space. The song doesn't have much to do with it but it's so good that everyone should know it)

1/14 little heads up, I started this chapter in December but kinda gave up on it in the middle of it so the first "~" is where I returned after weeks of not continuing it so that's why it all seems so rushed and crappy.

You panted as you ran towards the direction of your spacecraft, holding a tighter grip on the straps of the heavy bag on your back.

"C'mon! We're almost there!" Keith yelled back at you and shot some targets, struggling with his own luggage.

You quickly ducked as one enemy bolt flew past you but never stopped running.
Once the entrance of the craft was in sight you mustered up your remaining energy and sprinted past Keith and towards the door, imputing a code that made it slide open. You wasted no time in dropping the bag as soon as you were in and started to power up the machine.

Upon arriving a few seconds after you, Keith threw his bag in before him and stood guard in front of the craft to make sure the Galra soldiers didn't get close enough to interfere the takeoff. "Anytime now!" Keith yelled out to you again whilst blasting away.

You didn't respond being too focused at the task at hand. You had successfully powered up the craft the only thing that was left to do what was to wait for the ships cargo doors to open so that you may exit. "Just hold out for a bit longer the doors will open in just a few minutes! as soon as they do you have to jump in here immediately or else you'll be swept out to space" You informed him, clicking and flipping buttons to ensure everything would go smoothly.

More Galra soldiers emerged and headed towards you two. Seeing this, Keith jumped into the craft and closed the door.
"What's happening? What's with the sirens?!" Keith questioned.

"I'm not quite sure. But if the system is still on schedule then the doors should be opening soon" You sat down in the pilot seat and raised the craft in the air.

"Are you sure you can do-" Keith began before you interrupted, "I got this", you had said confidently until the craft shook from the multiple hits it was taking from the Galra soldiers. You gave a nervous laugh, "No biggie! Just a little rattle" Keith gave you a blank stare before he lost his balance and fell as the craft shook again.

"Warning. Warning. Multiple systems damaged. Warning Warning"

"C'mon, C'mon!" You muttered to yourself, your eyes never leaving the closed doors.

"We got to go now! The ship isn't going to be able to take much more damage!" Keith told you as he got his weapon ready.

You observed the doors and thought of your next move, "Ah to hell with it all" You set the turrets and cannons ready and fired away at the doors.

Keith scurried next to you. "What are you doing!?" You ignored him and continued to fire. Keith was about to shut the weapons down until he was on the ground again due to the speed of the craft taking off towards the doors. You accelerated as much as you could hoping your plan would work, and collided into the doors.

~

"Ugh, what happened?" groaned Keith as he groggily got up rubbing the back of his head. Staring forward into the dark endlessness of space you answered him "Well, I weakened the doors because it didn't seem they were going to budge and then I crashed into them and thankfully it worked and we're out. Now we're on our way to  home base"