{4}

Alec was intrigued to say the least. "Kanimas?"

The mundane shivered, "Jackson was an asshole before he was a kanima though so that didn't help."

"Why haven't I heard of kanimas?" Alec asked. Stiles shrugged, "Why haven't I heard of Shadowhunters?"

Alec rolled his eyes, "Because you aren't suppose to know about us. We," He pointed to himself, "are suppose to know about everything, including kanimas."

Stiles threw his hands up in defense. "So...where am I sleeping?"

Alec stood up, "We have a few extra rooms. People come and go," He walked towards the door, "you coming?"

Stiles jumped up, "Yeah, yeah.."

Alec definitely didn't watch the way Stiles's jaw flex when he clenched his teeth, he also hadn't noticed the hazel flecks scattered in his eyes. Nope.

He made himself shrug off the little details his hyperactive mind noticed about Stiles. This was, he assumed, part of the whole 'Magnus hasn't come back and now I need something to help me cope' ordeal.

Alec led the mundane down a long corridor, gesturing towards a room on the right, "Here."

Stiles poked his head into the small space, "Better than nothing...this place is really beautiful by the way."

Alec couldn't help but chuckle, "Thanks though, it's not like I built it."

"Right, sorry," Stiles flushed. He hesitantly walked into the suite.

"Rest up. Can't have you passing out on me again," Alec said before walking away. The mundane seemed to take the hint, closing the door a few seconds later.

Alec quickly made his way to the kitchen, hoping to find Izzy.

"How's the guy doing?" He found Jace sneaking cookies instead.

"He's breathing. Good enough for me," Alec said. Jace rolled his eyes and grabbed another cookie off of the counter, "Stop being all dark and brooding. It's annoying."

"Whatever. Have you seen Iz?"

"In her room. You know, the one right across from yours," Jace sassed, scarfing down his dessert.

"Did you run a scan through the system for Deucalion?" Alec ignored his brother's awful manners.

"I did," Jace licked his fingers, "he gets around. He's also a dick. I mean, forcing betas to murder their entire packs? Not only cruel but extremely messy."

Alec raised his eyebrows, "Messier than you?"

Jace frowned, "Be nice. We've got our work cut out for us that's for sure. If Deucalion is really after this kid, he's in more danger than the Clave thinks. We all are."

Alec nodded, "Did you tell Luke yet?"

"I was about to but I found these," He pointed towards the plate he had cleaned off.

His parabatai shrugged, "Sounds like you. Call him. Now. In the mean time, Maryse said that I should go talk to Maia." Alec didn't elaborate and made a beeline for his sister's room with a pissed off Jace mumbling behind him.