{6}

A/N: Please please please check the message that I posted on my profile about this story!! :)

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Can you do something for me?"

They were taking a cab to the nearest hotel, at the request of Alec, when Stiles whispered into Jace's ear.

"Depends."

Stiles frowned, "Please?"

Jace sighed. He glanced over to Allison and Lydia to see if they were listening, which of course, they weren't. And Scott was too focused on grilling the taxi driver about what radio stations New York uses. "What is it?" Jace asked.

"Can you keep Scott away from Alec? Or at least try to?" Stiles asked. Jace raised his eyebrows, "Why?"

Stiles sighed, "I love Scott but he might...let something slip out. It'll help if they aren't able to talk about certain things..."

Jace was smiling, "You got a thing for my brother? Is that what this is about?"

Stiles turned bright red, "N-No! I was just...never-mind."

The Shadowhunter kept the grin on his face as the cab driver turned into the hotel parking lot.
Mundanes were confusing, yes, but they were also incredibly awful liars.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Alec was not very happy to begin with. Maia didn't have much information on Deucalion. Nothing that he hasn't heard before anyway. He did find out that Deucalion was last spotted in Paris. It was better than nothing. He wanted to ask Luke but he wasn't coming back from Idris till tonight and he had to meet Jace at the hotel anyway.

Now Stiles's Alpha has shown up and to Jace, he also brought two mundanes with him.

Alec couldn't believe he had been dumb enough to leave Jace with Stiles. The mundane is practically a magnet for the supernatural, why couldn't he have seen that?

It's not that he disliked Stiles because he didn't. He actually reminded Alec of Simon, just not as annoying.

He just....

He actually didn't know what his problem was. Could he even call it a problem? Because to him, it didn't feel like one...

This wasn't something he should've been thinking about. Alec couldn't believe he had let himself get so distracted. He ignored the thoughts that were invading his brain kept his face expressionless as he made his way to the hotel.

A lady greeted him at the doors, "Welcome," She smiled. Alec watched her eyes drift to the exposed runes on his neck and arms.

Alec gave her the warmest smile he could muster, "Hi, yes. My husband and his family are already checked in?" He couldn't help himself, the sad look on the woman's face was priceless when she heard the word 'husband.'

"Y-Yes sir. They just came in, room 307, floor three."

Alec took the key card from her and briskly walked to the elevator. He truly loved messing with mundanes, it was too easy.