Chances - Chapter 4

Hey this is Annika again. I hope that you like my last chapter because I can promise you that this one is going to me better.

____________________________________________________

 Annika's POV

When I heard Ally say that we just met One Direction, I just smiled and jumped into my convertible.

"Ally, you lead." I screamed. As always, my navigational skills pale in comparison to Ally's. Unlike her, I had no idea where this coffee shop was.

"Okay, just follow and don't get lost. I'll be going fast." Ally said with a smirk.

I gave her a "You better not." look and started the car. I have a 645ci blue BMW convertible. 

Ally took the long route to Starbucks. She cruised smoothly between the cars, and turned the corners with grace. I could only wait in the long traffic jam. It was times like this that I really wanted a motorbike.

I drove past a lage Pepsi truck and caught a small glimps of Ally on her jet black motorbike. I passed about 2 dozen cars before turning into a small street where Ally was waiting quite impatiently.

"Where were you? I waited here for like, 15 minutes!" Ally complained.

"Hey, my car isn't a motorbike. I can't just cruise past cars when they're in my way. So, which way are we going?" I asked.

"You take a left two blocks down and you'll see it." Ally said.

I put my foot on the gas pedal and drove off.

"Eat my dust!" I screamed at Ally who took it as an invitation to race me there.

I looked in my rear-view mirror and saw Ally gaining speed. She was going at like 80/mph on a 50/mph road. If the police caught her, she would be in deep shit.

I turned sharply, realizing that it was the street that I needed to turn into. I saw the boys get out of their shiny black limo, and they waved when they saw me. I drove into the parking spot right next to their parked limo. 

"Hey Annika. Where's Ally?" Liam asked.

Just then, there was a burst of air behind me, and Liam's question was answered.

"Hey. You were wondering where I was?" Ally asked Liam.

"Yeah, but you're here now, so never mind." Liam said with a shrug.

I just followed Ally into Starbucks. I was just a few steps behind Niall when Ally poked me.

"What?" I whispered.

"We're at Starbucks with One Direction. You think that Niall is super cute, but you're just following him like a little duck. Go talk to him!" Ally whispered back, shoving me forward. I took every bit of my will power to keep myself from running into him.

I gave her a "What the hell was that for" look, turned 180 degrees, and left to go find a table.

There wasn't many people there, because all of the One Direction fans where probably heading home after the concert. But there were a few that stopped at Starbucks. 

They asked for pictures and autographs. To be honest, I was kind of jealous when Niall took a picture with this really pretty girl, but I really had no courage to tell him I was dying inside.

Ally walked over when she saw that I was staring at Niall with sadness.

"What's wrong Annie?" Ally asked.

"Nothing." I said turning my head away from Niall.

"Okay, what do you want? The boys are ordering right now." Ally told me.

"Here's 5 bucks. You can get me a frappuccino. Thanks." I said.

Ally walked away and I looked at the 5 boys who where heading in my direction. I lowered my vision to look at the floor.

"Hey Annika. What are you and Ally doing tomorrow? The boys and I have nothing to do but go to the mall." Niall said in his perfect Irish accent.

I allowed myself to look up to meet his beautiful blue gaze. "We don't have anything planned for tomorrow. Ally's mom is really strict, and won't even let her out of the house." I said telling the boys the story of how every time she is grounded she sneaks over to my house.

"Wow you girls are like secret agents or something! I would totally want to be a secret agent if I wasn't a singer." Louis shouted.

Just then, Ally came up and gave me a curious look as she handed me my double chocolately chip frappuccino.

"So, what are you guys talking about?" Ally asked, "Annika doesn't talk much, so I'm really suprised that you got her talking. Who did she respond to first?"

"The Irish one. Why?" Liam said.

Ally gave me a look that said "Well done." I just sent her a death glare and lowered my gaze to the floor, which didn't go unnoticed by Niall.

"Annika, are you free tomorrow?" he asked me.

Again, I raised my gaze to look into his eyes, "Nope. I have nothing to do. Ally would probably get grounded today for being up after 10 o'clock, so we have nothing to do." I said.

"Well that sucks for you, Ally." Louis laughed.

Ally just stuck out her tongue and turned her attention back to me and Niall.

"Do you want to hang out tomorrow? You know, get to know each other a bit more?" Niall asked with a shrug.

Everybody choked on their drinks. Did Niall Horan just ask me out?