×Never look back× ~ Merlin (part 2)

Season: three
Episode: nine, love in the time of dragons

This story was requested by: dracoXreaders !! I hope you like it ^^ this is part two of the previous imagine

I'm so sorry it took me so long.. school has started again and I really have to find a way to divide my time..

Feel free to leave a request any time!

enjoy xx
--

The guards dragged you down the stairs. They held you tightly as you tried to get free. You tried to move your arms as much as possible to loosen their grip. The guards didn't seem to have any difficulties with your movements.

The guards opened the door, that was made of iron bars, and pushed you in. You were surprised by the sudden push, which knocked you completely off balance. You tripped and fell on the floor. The guards quickly closed the door and locked it from the outside. You jumped to your feet and ran towards the door. You grabbed two iron bars and tried to open the door. The guards just looked at you with a grin on their faces.

'Enjoy your last day,' one of them laughed, before leaving. The other guards followed him. You looked through the bars and shot them a deadly glare, but they were gone already. You let go of the bars and sighed, while looking around.

You had never seen the dungeons before and wished you never had. The cold, stone floor looked moist and dirty. There was hay laying on the ground. There were no seats. You had to sit on the ground.

The walls were even worse. They were old, moist and some of the stoned had cracks in them. You imagines that someone had tried to escape through the walls. Something that was impossible. It smelled horrible in the dungeons. There was only one window, that was created by putting iron bars in the wall. Not much fresh air could come through there. You could also hear people talking, laughing and enjoying their lives.

You walked towards the small window and sat down against the wall. You didn't have a choice. It was the only spot where you could sit. It was uncomfortable to sit on the ground. A shiver ran down your spine and goosebumps appeared on your arms. It was cold. So cold. You felt bad for all people that had to spend nights, days, maybe years before you in this dungeon.

You wrapped your cloak around your body and pulled up your knees. You suddenly realised what had happened. You were sentenced to death. This was your last day. It didn't feel like your last day. Instead of enjoying it, like most people would do when they knew they would die, you had to spend it behind bars. You felt lonely. Nobody knew you were going to die. You couldn't say goodbye to your family.. You couldn't say goodbye to Merlin.

Tears appeared in your eyes. Merlin. You wished you had a chance to speak to him one more time. To tell him how you felt.

You pulled the cap over your head and fought against the tears. You were not going to cry. You didn't want to show you were weak. Nobody could see you, but the guards could hear you. They were already laughing at you. You didn't want to make it worse.

You sighed in frustration and laid your head on your knees. You didn't want to think about the things that might happen to you tomorrow, but you couldn't help it. You felt so helpless.

You pinched your leg when the thought about execution popped into your head again. What was Uther going to do? Burn you with fire, chop your head of?

'Stop..' you whispered to yourself, but you couldn't stop. Images off the executions you had witnessed popped up in your head. A tear rolled down your face when you heard the sorcerer scream and begging for their lives. You tried to draw out the noise, but you couldn't. Your body was taken over by fear and you could hear your own heartbeat pounding in your head.