× Comforting x ~ Merlin

Season: two
Episode: one - the curse of Cornelius Sigan.

I'm so excited!! This is the first imagine. This part was so cute. I loved this episode.. I just had to write an imagine!

This imagine is also posted on my Instagram (@merlin_cmorgan) ❤❤

Please let me know if you like it! ❤
-
You sat down at the wooden table and opened the book in front of you. It was one of the books that Gaius possessed. You were interested in his work. It was fascinating. Most of his knowledge came from the books that he kept. You loved reading them and learning more about everything that existed in this world.

'Reading again I see.' Gaius entered the room. In his hand, he held a book, his glasses and a quill. He looked at you with a small smile. You looked up from you book and nodded.

'As usual,' he said, while putting down the book. He opened it and put an empty piece of paper in front of it. He sat down next to you.

'I know,' you grinned. 'It must seem like I have nothing to do. Every time I am around you, I read.' Gaius put on his glasses and shook his head.

'I don't think you have nothing to do,' he spoke. 'You just like reading in your spare time. Not many people like to do that.' Gaius dipped his quill in the black ink and started writing on the piece of paper. You sighted and turned the page.

'I must not be alike to others than,' you mumbled. 'I am rather strange.' Gaius looked at you and stopped writing.

'It is not strange at all,' Gaius said, while putting down his quill. 'It is quite the opposite. Reading these books will give you more knowledge. You will be more aware of the world around you and the beauty it has to offer. It will allow you to understand and I totally understand that you like it.' You passed him a sweet smile.

Gaius had looked after you for a while now. You travelled long and far after you mother died, in hope to start a new life in Camelot. The first week was terrible. You had no place to stay and soon you ran out of money. After spending a week in Camelot, Gaius offered you a bed. You owed him your life.

Gaius dipped his quill in the ink and started writing again. You continued reading the book. Minutes passed until someone slammed the door shut behind you. You immediately lost your concentration and looked over your shoulder. Merlin stood in front of the door. The right side of his face was covered with something brown. You could not really tell what it was. His blue shirt was filthy. He looked exhausted and stressed out.

Merlin also lived with Gaius, but he was there before you. He was the sweetest and the most caring boy you'd ever met. Soon, you became best friends and shared all your deepest secrets. You trusted him with your life.

'Are you ok?' You asked, while closing your book. Merlin pulled his hand away from the door and started walking towards his room. Gaius stopped writing and followed Merlin with his eyes.

'Fine,' he answered shortly.

'What is that in your face?'

'Nothing,' Merlin said with a sigh, while rolling his eyes.

'What's wrong?' Gaius asked confused.

'Nothing.' Merlin didn't stop walking. He opened the door to his room and slammed it behind him. You looked at Gaius. You were so confused and concerned. You had never seen him like this before.

Gaius sighed.

'What's going on with Merlin?' You asked softly.

'I have no idea,' Gaius said, while shaking his head. He leaned back in his chair and stared at the door.