×your idiot× ~ Merthur oneshot

Season: -
Episode: -

This is the first Merthur oneshot I've ever written. Please leave your opinions!

This story was requested by: SwiftiethgR5 I hope you like it  ❤

Feel free to leave a request any time!

enjoy xx

--

Merlin sat down on one of the fallen trees. He just came back from collecting firewood that Arthur had asked him to get. A task he would execute every time they went away together. The Prince of Camelot and his manservant. Side by side. As two friends.

Friends. A word that sounded wrong in Merlin's eyes. Arthur had never told him that they were friends. Only that, if he were not a prince, they could have been good friends. Unfortunately Arthur just saw him as his servant. Someone who had to everything for him. It was his duty to serve him. He was not equal to him. Arthur was far more important and Merlin was aware of that.

Merlin dropped the firewood he had collected on the ground in front of him and sighed deeply. He had search the whole forest for some dry wood. It had rained the night before. It had rained a lot. You could still find water on the leaves and paths they followed. All the wood Merlin had found in the forest was wet and unusable. He came back with just a few branches and logs that had stayed dry under some of the trees. He had tried his hardest to please Arthur. He wanted him to see how driven he was.

Arthur raised an eyebrow and looked at the branches and logs that were laying at Merlin's feet.

'Is that all you could find?' Arthur asked, while picking up one off the logs. He placed it on the ground where he wanted the fire to go and sighed in disappointment.

'All the firewood is soaked,' Merlin explained while putting all the logs in it's place for the fire. 'It rained yesterday, remember?' Merlin and Arthur had been gone for two days already. A simple hunting trip. That was what Arthur had told him. They were supposed to be back today, but Arthur insisted that they would rest. He seemed tired. Merlin himself was also tired. He was glad Arthur decided to stop. Unfortunately he had to fetch firewood and still couldn't rest.

'Well that's just stupid,' Arthur mumbled, while placing some more branches on top off the log. 'There has to be more than this!'

'I can't make wet logs dry can I?' Merlin asked sarcastically. He kneeled down next to the logs and grabbed two firestones that he took on his way.

'No,' Arthur said quite irritated. 'But you can at least try harder to find even more. We'll run out of firewood soon if we have this much wood.'

'I searched the whole forest,' Merlin said, while trying to start a fire with the firestones. 'This is all I could find.' He sighed deeply and kept his eyes on the logs. He had some troubles starting it. Maybe because he was nervous. He could feel the eyes of the young prince resting on his body. Was he watching him start a fire?

Whatever Arthur was doing, it made him nervous. All this time Merlin had hide his secrets from Arthur. The secret that he was the most powerful sorcerer that had ever lived. The one they called Emrys. From the moment he arrived in Camelot he knew that this would he a thought job. He never knew that keeping his other secret would be ever tougher..

His hand started shaking a little, as he worked with frustration. Arthur kept his gaze on him. He sighed after a while of complete silent.

'What is taking you so long?!' Arthur asked, while jumping on his feet. He sounded angry. Merlin immediately stopped and turned his head in Arthur's direction. Merlin looked at him with confusion is his eyes. Had he disappointed him, because he wasn't able to start the fire?