F I V E

When she came too it felt like a million needles were jabbing her lower back and skull, suffice to say it was not the best of feelings

Mickey groaned, clutching at her head from the pounding headache that threatened to crack her skull open. She grunted, not noticing all the guns and armor pointed at her as she moved around the ground in sheer pain. Her eyes slowly began to flutter, brief moments before she had passed out began to resurface. She remembered a mindless Bucky being at fault and her failed attempt to sedate him.

Her hips rotated, searching for any breaks or pulls and when she came up short she slowly began to open her eyes to the hoards of guns pointed at her.

"What the..." she muttered, furrowing her brows at the crowd.

"Cuff her!" Ross suddenly appeared from between two men, his eyes narrowed the longer he stared at the girl. She lifted off the ground in a flurry, taking an opposing stance and yet she knew that the window for her to disappear had come and gone. The moment her feet had firmly planted three men much larger then her took hold and refused to let go.

A forth walked forward as she continued to scream, knocking her head back in hopes to find a nose and even swinging out with no avail. She was losing and it was apparent as the fourth revealed a pair of handcuffs too thick to be just to control her. The hairs on the back of her neck stood straight up, her conscious kicking in and immediately swinging her legs up to keep him at a distance. Mickey screamed, there was something up with those cuffs and she could sense it.

Her saving grace came in the form of Tony Stark who had all but pushed the rest of the soldiers out of his way as soon as he'd heard her screams. He made it just as they were about to clasp the handcuffs on and yelled out, "what are you doing!"

"She tried to escape," General Ross proclaimed as if it were the most obvious choice to make.

Tony wanted to roll his eyes at the drastic decision he had made, anger suddenly ripping through him when he looked over to see the wild fear in Mickey's eyes. He took a step forward, chest puffed out ready to do whatever needed in order to make sure she was safe.

Mickey attempted to push away from the rough hands wrapped around her arms, "I wasn't escaping! Let go of me!"

"No," Ross seemed to enjoy how his men were mistreating the brunette who couldn't have weighed more then 120 pounds. "You were found on the roof, if Barnes hadn't stopped you who knows where you would be.

"Or maybe I was trying to stop him!" She growled and yet again pushed against them. "Jesus, Tony do something!"

At the mention of his name the Stark man stepped up, looking towards Ross, "tell them to let her go. She's not going anywhere now and I sent her up here to stop the helicopter, clearly Barnes got to her beforehand."

"Tony, you don't know that. The brat was probably in on it." Ross was in denial. "She's better under custody, one less monster we have to worry about."