PARTING MESSAGE

'Sometimes, you just have to let go.'

- e n d
Supermarket Flowers

>>>

There's an extremely satisfied part of me that's relishing in the end of this story. I've poured my time, effort and heart into making this and I'm just happy people enjoyed it.

If anyone's asking if there's a sequel, my answer is a definite no.

I made this story to tell Mana's part, the girl who was once weak and now strong. The girl who gave up to the girl who fought. This isn't a love story, really. It's her story.

And looking at how she's transformed from that codependent girl to what she is now, I think I'm done writing that. It's not like her story is over, rather I've finished the part I wanted to write.

━ × ━

If you have any queries or if there were moments in this fic that made you ask questions, don't hesitate to ask me and if I'm unwilling (or just don't know how) to answer, the answer might be found on the edited version.

For some unanswered questions, I'll be sharing a few answers:

1.) Oikawa

→ why is he lonely in the end?

↳ in this story, oikawa was portrayed as a selfish asshole who just took and took (he's not like that in canon, don't worry) so it's fitting that in the end, to show that he truly loved her and that he's broken free of the selfish shell he wore, he hurt for her.

2.) Mana

→ does she end up with someone?

↳ it's pretty much stated in the last chapter that she did not need a boy to be happy so she's prioritizing education and herself for the meantime. that's all up to her. but personally, i think she doesn't need to end up with someone to be happy. boys end up all alone after they conquer empires, and that's a happy ending. why can't it be the same for girls?

3.) Iwaizumi

→ is he going to fix his friendship with mana eventually?

↳ yes. hopefully.

4.) Rie

→ she was pretty much mana's best friend, why was she seldom in the story?

↳ mana was in a toxic relationship. she was at the point in the relationship wherein she disregarded everything except for oikawa so i made it appear like that.

5.) Kageyama.

→ does he have a crush on mana?

↳ she's like a parental figure to him. someone who helped him so it's not like a crush. or is it?

jk.

or am i?

6.) Kyoko

→ why was her introduction late?

↳ i've spread tiny hints about her all over the story. mana hates her so she never mentions her. even after her introduction, she's still seldom introduced so it was made to appear that mana didn't consider her as a prominent figure in her life.

7.) Oikawa

→ i've never pegged him for a cheater. wtf did you do?

↳ wtf did i do?

8.) Etsuko

→ is she really dead?

↳ no, she's actually in hawaii with ace (one piece). jk. she's as dead as hikigaya hachiman's eyes.

9.) Mana's Father

→ how did he die?

↳ natural causes.

10.) Mana's Mother

→ how did she become so messed up?

↳ she was already as messed up when she was a child because of her mother's parenting (kyoko is #mothergoals) so the loss of her husband, the only person who anchored her sanity died, let's just say she was kind of burned up.

11.) The Title

→ why supermarket flowers?

↳ on a whim. i had an idea about cheating and all those toxic stuff and while analyzing one story, i looked at a character who drew my attention.

it's a cliché role, actually. the annoying girlfriend who'll destroy the pure pure main character because she can't let go of her boyfriend.

why don't i make a story with some sad, insecure girl? then i looked at mana. hey, she fits. why don't i write it from her perspective? we don't get much stories from the attached girl's point of view so...

supermarket flower's lines:

a heart that's broken is a heart that's been loved.

pretty much sums up the entire whirlwind of this relationship. (that's why it's the title and it fit the #aesthetic of my story titles, with something related to flowers or some stuff i.e. supermarket flowers, preserved roses, chained flowers, serendipitous snapdragons, half blown dandelions)

and the song has the most amazing angsty vibe.

12.) Mayuri

→ what's with her?

↳ if you look past mana's biased views in the story, you'll realize that she's actually not that bad and mana has realized that. it's in this line.

maybe she was the villain all along.

mana has taken into consideration that maybe mayu and oikawa really love each other. and she's just hurting them, herself because she's obstinate about remaining.

13.) Inspirations

→ what are your inspirations?

↳ angsty oneshots, stories about cheating, sad songs, books and just about every aesthetic quote in Tumblr or Pinterest.

That's all!

For the last time, thank you so much for reading! This was a very rich experience and I feel like I've managed to progress as a writer (not really, lol).

Of course I'll be editing this sometime in the future but looking at my long list of drafts, the date may be postponed for a year or so.

Thank you for your words of encouragement, your undying support, your positivity and the love you've given this fan fiction and this Fandom. This is my first completed work so I'm really really grateful that it received a lot of support. You guys are the true heroes/heroines !! Bless you to the moon and back and I hope you find your own happiness and achieve your dreams.

Be strong. You're amazing inside and out and there's no one in this world that can make you believe otherwise. Always remember this, you're worth it.

For the last time in Supermarket Flowers, this is Kayla Warner (@kylalily) signing off!

P.S. Please ignore the horrible penname. I'm lowkey obsessed with Aaron Warner from Shatter Me.