04 | the kisses of joy

Things move on.

And so do I.

before.

OIKAWA IS NOT HER FIRST KISS. Mana has forgotten who it is. She's kissed a lot of boys before, a lot of hearts have beaten with her before. But truly, Oikawa is the one she loves the most.

Kissing is just a matter of human perception. According to statistics, 90% of a child's first kiss is her mother/father. So really, it's not a matter of how you love someone so much, how you want to save it for a special someone, it's already been taken. Humans crave absolutes. That's why we dismiss the parental first kisses and label the ones with the boyfriends/girlfriends are first.

Mana hates the messy business of kissing. She just wants to get this over with.

Truth be told, she didn't expect for them to last this long. For Oikawa to take such a prominent portion of her heart.

She didn't expect it; she didn't expect him.

To be the most caring person ever, to hold her so lovingly and shower her with kisses that taste sweet every single time.

And she feels like vomiting when those same treacherous mouths kiss different treacherous girls.

Crack. Crack. Crack.

That's her glass heart breaking.

In the span of five months and a couple of weeks, Mana has transformed from lioness to pussycat. In a matter of fifteen seconds, she's become idiotic, heartbroken girl.

The most logical course of action is to ask for an explanation, but worms and insects crawl on her brain and make her vision go as dark as crow's feathers.

She wants to break up with him. She has a nasty habit of being too attached and she knows she can't get attached to a boy who's practically siphoning another girl's throat on the same day of their monthly dates.

Mana wants to rip them apart each other and tell them they're disgusting, but her knees quake when she dares make a move.

She hates this weakness.

But what she hates more is the fact that she can't make it go away. She's breaking apart- no, she's broken apart and it's too late when she realizes how awful she's become, how hopeless she's become. She's irreparable now. And all she can do is sob on her knees.

What a useless doll.

Oikawa takes her to a new venue later that day, no traces of infidelity in his features. It's a karaoke place. They order cold ramune, pocari sweat and strawberry juice. Oikawa is carrying a gargantuan amount of milk bread and Mana settles with her yakisoba bread.

She plans to confront him and after minutes of sipping the rehydrating pocari sweat, she finally gathers enough courage. But then he picks up the microphone, sings some anime theme about frogs from outer space and she bursts out laughing.

Mana decides to postpone the impending confrontation. She picks up the bowl of peanuts, nibbles on some and takes another sip of the ramune. She'd get it out eventually, right?

The time limit for the karaoke box trickles past and nears. Mana decides to get in some songs and she wonders why it's her choice of love ballads and sad songs that feels out of place. Heck, it's Oikawa who's singing about space frogs and mutated turtles, why are her cheeks flaming red?

They sing the chorus together, his hand on her shoulder, his arms encircling her petite visage. The direct skin contact flusters her but she continues singing.