05 | the tinge of sadness

future.

She closes her eyes, dips her entire body on the sapphire ocean and she opens her eyes. She sees the fish, the corals, the sand and the plants. It's glorious. Beautiful.

It's fascinating how you see more beautiful things when you open your eyes.

now.

MANA SITS ON THE EMPTY TRAIN COMPARTMENT AGAIN, THE OLD JOURNAL PROPPED ON THE TABLE, BUT THIS TIME, SHE DOESN'T READ ITS CONTENTS, SHE WRITES.

[ There was a boy and girl. ]

She remembers their first meeting, first hugs, first kisses and even the words they threw at each other. She remembers the boy born of celestial beauty and her past self, the girl that was the pastiche of nightmares and broken aspirations.

[ They forgot to love themselves and each other; they brought pain among themselves. ]

Flashes of nights full of tears and broken mirrors. Crumpled satin sheets and naked pillows. Torn hearts and bruised feelings. Arctic cold hugs and kisses that lost their meanings.

[ They forgot that loving wasn't just a gift exchange with both parties giving nothing to themselves. ]

The worthless cycle. Redundant heart breaking, kisses with other girls that punctured her heart little by little. And saccharine words that lost their meaning the next morning. Warm touches that never led to anything, only more pouring of trust and its eventual breaking.

[ They forgot what it was like to fall in love and treasure it - to hold it. ]

Screaming, yelling and teasing. Name calling and teddy bears. Flowers that held multitude of meanings and smiles that made the world fall out of its axis. Beautiful, broken boy and lovely, fractured girl.

[ They mistook their selfishness for love, the hurt they give, the pain they get. They lied to themselves and called it love. ]

The freshest memories. The ones where they bared their bruised souls to the world. The unloved boy. The broken girl. They let the sun see their unmasked truths and no matter how ugly, horrid and despicable, they let it out. They severed the chains that held them to the ground and even with damp wings, they healed themselves and flew.

Breaking past the tinges of sadness. The worthless cycle, the smothering lies, the poisonous kisses and the streak of despair.

[ They're g r o w i n g. ]

And
Mana
puts
the
pen

d
o
w
n.

* * *

e n d.
-
[ Supermarket Flowers ]

'sometimes, it's just better to let go.'