Thursday, 16th September 1993

"Ah, here you are."

Five minutes past nine.

"Good morning to you Fosca."

"Giulia, stop it! Immediately!"

"How are you doing? I'm fine, thank you for asking."

"Why didn't you come to work then?! Your irresponsible absence caused delays and misunderstandings in the global consolidation of the data, from the US headquarters they complained, with me, it never happened before such a shame!"

"Didn't you told them it's all my fault?"

"Giulia, I can't stand you anymore!!!"

"Do you want to exhibit yourself right here, in front of everyone, or we can go to discuss about it where we don't disturb who is already working, even better if with closed doors?"

"My office is only for high level meetings, for those like you even the corridor is too much!"

"So you'd prefer to go to Miguel's one? He's out of office today, I imagine that's why you are so feisty even early in the morning, also strangely on time."

I hit the target but I didn't stop.

"Alternatively we can go to Marco's one, he'll be in Rome with Antonella all the week long, certainly by accident they can't hear you too."

So Miguel ordered me to tell everyone, pointing out that his vice came out of the convention more tired than expected, but the situation was under control because he left him in good hands. I wondered how deliberately ambiguous or sincerely anxious for his beloved.

"I never liked you. You, ignorant and rude little girl! You're nothing more than this! You won't go anywhere with such an head and tongue!"

"Do you have also some professional comments or it's just a matter of sympathy and personal growth goals failed?"

"It's not your business! And anyway, if you really want to know, you're one of the scarcest selections I've ever seen here! You never did nothing to adapt yourself to your colleagues, and I can't forget how you behaved first with Eleonora, then with Ombretta, but also with me. And what about your double game with Miguel, constantly acting like a fake saint?! And don't talk about Marco, if I were his wife I'd have slapped you long ago!"

That was the main target she intended to reach, to publicly accuse me of his conjugal difficulties, a young bitch in short.

"You are a disgusting woman Fosca. Your person is little, ungraceful and rude, from the way you dress until the manner you think and then express yourself. You are the worst nightmare against which the dreams of a young can crash, excellent and willing guys who, unlike you, want to realize something good in the life. You are heartless and soulless, there has never been in these months a time when I saw you doing something extraneous from your personal gain and also about your alleged professional skills I have many doubts. I'm telling you all this not for my personal advantage, but for all those who'll remain and come, because if you don't decide to change, they'll have to deal with the same frustration every day."

She had no arguments to counterattack, she knew.

"Go home!!!"

Nothing.

"I told you go home, now! You're fired!!!"

That instant so overthought in the end reached me. And maybe I acted in that way since the beginning because I wanted her to do it in my place. I thought of Gaia I personally hired and who was looking at me so disappointed, of Lilly and Romina whom I hadn't dedicated enough, then all the others, except for my direct boss no enemy around.