29. Stress

Christmas Eve was always the day we had all our family over to celebrate the holiday while Christmas Day was reserved for a peaceful say at home with Emma. I wake up early on Christmas Eve and try to sneak out of bed but Josh places his hand over mine, stopping me. "Where do you think you're going?" he whispers.

"I have to make dinner" I giggle. "I would like to eat before midnight and I think our family would agree" I add. He groans, letting my hand go reluctantly.

"I had holidays" he grumbles making me laugh.

"You hate no having morning sex" I reply, reading his thoughts. "Go take a cold shower" I tease as I slip into a pair of athletic shorts and a t-shirt.

"But cold showers are so cold" he complains as he climbs out of bed and moves to join me. "While you are so warm" he mutters as he pulls me against him. I gasp at the feeling of him pressing against me.

"Josh" I warn but the second his lips close over mine I'm screwed. I open my mouth to him and a moan falls from my lips as I kiss him back passionately. He grabs the waistband of my shorts and pulls them down before lifting me onto the dresser.

"I'll be quick" he promises. I nod as he yanks my panties down before freeing himself from his boxers. My head falls back against the wall as I take a quick breath before I feel him slide into me. A gasp falls from my lips as he thrusts into me relentlessly, my nails, digging into his back and my legs wrapping around him, pushing him deeper. "Ah" I moan as my orgasm approaches.

"Come on baby" he coaxes as he picks up the pace. A strangled moan falls from my lips as I explode around him seconds before I feel him twitch inside me. He pulls out and takes a step back from me. "I think I'm gonna take a shower."

"I'll join you."

*************************************************************************************

"Have you seen the potato peeler?" I ask Josh as I rummage through our various kitchen drawers, looking for the utensil.

"Um" Josh says, turning away from the stove to look at me. "Have you looked in the dishwasher?" he asks. I bend down and open the dishwasher, finding the peeler immediately and pulling it out.

"Thanks babe" I smile as I turn my attention back to the potatoes sitting on the kitchen counter.

"Mommy when is Lily gonna get here?" Emma asks as she pops her head up over the counter making a smile pull at my lips.

"Um" I glance back at the clock. "I'm not sure baby girl. But since Riley is mama's best friend I'm sure they'll be here soon."

"Okay" she sighs, her face falling until the sound of the doorbell ringing causes her to hop down and run to the door. She pulls it open and the Friars stand on the other side. "Lily" she exclaims, throwing herself into her best friend's arms making me chuckle while Riley and Lucas walk over to the kitchen.

"Hey" I smile brightly. "Merry Christmas."

"It's not Christmas yet" Lucas points out, stealing a cookie from the plate on the counter. I swat his hand away causing him to drop it.

"And it's not dessert time either" I reply pointedly. "How is it that you're worse than your pregnant wife?" I ask with a chuckle, motioning to my best friend.

"Sympathy cravings."

"Those aren't a thing" I laugh. "Cravings are the one enjoyable part of pregnancy, don't try and steal it."

"Who are they enjoyable for because during the phase where you put ranch on everything I thought I was gonna have to move out" Josh teases as he turns to face the group, leaning against the counter.