Seven|Conversations

Serenity's P.O.V

"How was the sandwich?" He asked, bringing out the cheese cubes and fruit.

"It was great." I smiled at him and took a cheese cube, popping it in my mouth. "This is all wonderful," I assured him. I helped him open up the different canisters of fruit, digging into the grapes.

"I take it you like grapes," he chuckled.

"They're my favorite."

"Mine too."

"Here," I turned and faced him, picking up a grape. "Catch."

He leaned back and smiled. "I love this game." I laughed, tossing the grape to him and he caught it in his mouth without effort. "Aha!"

"Beautiful."

"Your turn," he said, plucking a grape from the container. I sat and opened my mouth, waiting for him to toss it and he did, but he tossed three instead of one and they bounced off my face.

"Hey! Cheater!" I threw the grapes back at him and he laughed, dodging them.

"That was so bad! You didn't catch a single one!" We continued to run around and pelt each other with grapes until we ran out. We lay down in the green grass side by side, looking up at the fluffy clouds.

"You're such a cheater," I said, shaking my head.

"Yeah, I know," he sighed. We stayed in a comfortable silence and I was finally starting to like the idea of Donovan as my Mate. *He's so amazing* I agreed with my wolf and my smiled grew wider when Donovan's hand laced with mine.

"I like this; just laying here like this."

"Me too."

"I haven't been outside in so long."

He seemed shocked and slightly angry. "Really?"

"I wasn't allowed."

"You are always allowed to go outside as long as I accompany you." I nodded and looked at him, smiling. "Serenity?"

"Yes?"

"Do you like me?"

That caught me off guard. "Uh. Well, yes."

"As a mate?"

"I-I don't know."

He sighed. "That's okay."

"I'm sorry."

"It isn't your fault. I haven't been a very good Mate and I am trying to change."

"I know."

"We should head in; it looks about to rain." I nodded and helped him clean up our food and fold the blanket. Just as we stepped inside, it started raining. We looked at each other and laughed at our good fortune. I changed out of my dress and into something more comfortable while Donovan was in his office, taking an important call.

I turned to go down the stairs towards the kitchen, but paused in front of Donovan's study upon hearing his distressed voice

I turned to go down the stairs towards the kitchen, but paused in front of Donovan's study upon hearing his distressed voice. "I can't do that right now. Yes-I know, but she isn't ready for that. Yes. I did and it was good; progress is slow." Was he talking about me? "I know that, but I can't just Mate with her! I want to do this right!" Whoa! That escalated quickly. "I feel it too and  so do my warriors. We grow weaker by the second." Weak? Oh, no. "I just need to protect her from him for now until we can Mate. Yes, I am aware. I need to go; she'll be down for dinner any minute now. Bye." I raced back up to the room before he could see me, shutting the door and sitting on the bed. HIs pack was becoming weak because of me. Because I hadn't even accepted him yet, let alone mated with him! It was all my fault. There was a knock on the door and I knew exactly who it was. 

"Come in." Donovan opened the door with a smile on his face roses in his hand. 

"Good evening, my beautiful Mate," he said, kissing my cheek. 

"Hi," I tried to smile back, but my muscles wouldn't cooperate. 

"What is it? Are you alright?" 

"Yes, I just-" I had to tell him. "Is your pack weak with me here?"

"What? Why would you say that?"

"Is it true? Am I?" 

"No."

"I heard you on the phone...your pack is becoming weak because of me." 

"No, Serenity, no," he knelt in front of where I was sitting, placing his hands on either side of my hips. "Just because you aren't ready to Mate doesn't mean that my pack is weak because of it! I know that all this is knew and we can just take our time, okay?" I nodded and he kissed my hands. I could live with him like this. He is my Mate, right?  "Oh, Serenity," he smiled up at me.

"What?"

"You don't know what you just did?" I shook my head. "You just accepted me as your mate." I could see a little color return to his cheeks and his eyes became brighter. It suddenly dawned on me how important I am to his life and the lives of the people in our pack. Granted, I wasn't ready to mate with Donovan yet, but I could finally picture us being together. 

"I did? I did." 

"I accept you too." I felt my heart almost burst and a wide smile spread across my face. "You are so beautiful, Serenity, and you're all mine." He hugged my legs and my hand stroked his soft hair. He needed me and I needed him. 

An Alpha needs his Luna and 

a Luna needs her Alpha. 

Yay early update! I love her outfit in this chapter so much😍