Epilouge

UGH! I know it has been FOREVER! With university and everything I have been so busy but I finally finished this book and I'm so happy you've stuck with me!

Rachel XXX

The blinding rays of sun light made Yugi moan as he rolled over to the other side of the bed. Sitting up, he rubbed his eyes groggily and sighed.

1 year had passed since Yami's return and things had never been so grim.

He stumbled around his room, trying to get ready for school but every movement made him lose more energy and his head became more clouded.

After struggling for hours, he finally
made his way to school. He had walked alone these past months. He couldn't bare the thought of his friends seeing him cry like this. Dragging his feet across the pavement, he now faced tedious task of being a student as his school came into view.

As expected, Tèa, Joey and Tristan were all waiting at the stone steps, forcing sad eyes onto the shorter male. Joey was the first of the group to perk up.

"Hey Yug, come on, cheer up! We get a half day today with our maths teacher being off sick. Let's go down to the park after lunch or we could see a movie or..." He trailed off. Looking at the boys pained and lifeless eyes, he knew nothing would help.

"We miss him too Yug." Was all that rolled from this tongue.

**************
The autumn breeze brushed the dead leaves onto the grass, tickling the solid dark stone. Yugi stood in front of it in silence. His eyes fixed on the writing, he almost hoped it was a lie. Hoping it was some dream or prank.

Time hadn't even occured to Yugi. He had been there for hours, just standing. A piece of his soul had been taken that day and things would never be the same.

Suddenly, grass could he heard being crushed under the weight of something. A pair of mirror black shoes ambled towards the grieving boy. An outstretched hand placed pure white flowers beside the stone and placed then with the younger males hand.

"He is proud of you Yugi." A deep, silken voice spoke.

Yugi looked up to meet crimson eyes filled with sympathy and sadness.

"I know Atem. I just miss him."

"As do we all. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't be standing here today. I will always remember the bravery he showed that day. His hand grasping me seconds before the current snatched me away for good. He saved us from a life apart and I will be forever in his debt." Yami spoke sternly, cupping his other half's cheek. He brushed away Yugi's stray tear and kissed his softly.

The taller male, enveloped his other half and began to guide him away. As the sun began to set, the pair headed back home and the writing on the stone became visible just for one last moment. Yugi snapped his head back for a brief second.

'Solomon Mutou, a father, grandfather and friend. May the heart of the cards be with you always.'