Awkward....

Hello Lovelyz! SO like I realized that when I published last night, it was probably already today since I go to college Hawaii but oh well! Anyways, this chapter is where all the circus lingo and stuff comes into play so there will probably be a long, LONG guide at the bottom explaining all the weird terms unless I manage to explain them through the story somewhere. Also, I think this chapter may be a lot longer than usual? I don't know if that is a blessing or a curse? I guess that's for you to decide. Okay, that's all I have to say so happy reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Keith was seriously confused. He could not figure out at all why Lance seemed excited to find out that he was a freak and it kind of annoyed him. He couldn't stop his sarcasm from getting the best of him in this strange situation he was suddenly placed in.He scoffed, grimacing and narrowing his eyes. 

"No Lance, this is just a freaking costume. I absolutely do not have purple fur and weird pointy ears." He deadpanned. Lance gave him an incredulous look as if he were taken aback by the sudden, extra salty amount of sarcasm.

"Well sorry, you, you mullet! I just thought it was cool, excuse me for breathing!" He crossed his arms over his chest, assuming what could only be described as a haughty stance. Keith glared, ear twitching slightly in annoyance. Mullet, really? 

"I really don't understand you. Seriously, who thinks it's cool that the person they just met like this morning is a freaky beast in the circus!" His ears drooped along with his tone (T-T)*. "The only people who like me are the crowds who gawk at me for their own entertainment and other freaks like me." 

He looked down, clenching the knives in his hands. "We're all just freaks here..."

Keith stiffened as soft warmth surrounded him. A hug. He was being hugged. And by Lance at that. He felt his heart skip a beat before slowly melting into the embrace. Keith always hated hugs. He thought they were awkward and weird. But for some reason, he didn't mind this one. Lance pulled his head back from Keith's shoulder to look him in the eyes.

"Listen to me." He began. "I know I only met you like a few hours ago and this is probably really weird for you."

"But this hug," He said, gesturing to their current embrace. "You needed it. I feel like you probably don't ever really get them and so, this is Keith's hug from now on." 

"You can have as many freaking hugs as you want. From me. Whenever you want them. Because you deserve them." He stopped for a second, gathering his thoughts. 

"Now listen really, really well to this next part." He took a deep breath. "You. Are. Not. A. Freak."

"I don't care what anyone else says. You. Are. Not. And if anyone tells you otherwise, they can go to hell. What you have is unique and beautiful and you should be proud of it." 

He stepped back. "Also, none of the people you work with are freaks either. They are the same as you and deserve the same love as anybody else on this planet." He coughed awkwardly to signal the end of his speech. "But anyways, that uh it i guess...how uh weird was that on a scale of like one to ten?"

The sound of the commotion around him seemed to be drowned out and he had heard every single word with clear precision. Keith was a little dumbfounded. He hadn't really expected that kind of spiel from a guy like Lance. He seemed kind of shallow but this definitely hinted at a depth which he hadn't previously processed and although he hated to admit it, this speech may have been exactly what he needed. 

Before he could even process his own actions he was pulling Lance in for another hug. Lance held his arms up in surprise, a blush racing over his cheeks. "Keith-"