• Chapter 8 •

"You guys all ready?" I asked as James and Sirius admired themselves in the mirror with their new walking gear.

"Yep, we've got everything planned. Neither of them have cars, so we'll pick them up in mine and drive them to the lake we're starting at for 10, depending on traffic. We will stop by a café for lunch and then if they want we can leave at 5 but if they want to watch the sunset and stuff we can stay out later." Sirius said, triumphantly.

"I'm impressed, you've planned this well." I said. I also had a great day planned, lounging around Sirius's luxury apartment watching awful shows on his lovely flat screen. It was truly going to be amazing.

"We'll see you later, have fun with my TV." Sirius said.

"You're still welcome to come with us!" James called out as the two of them walked outside and closed the door behind them but I shook my head firmly. I slumped down on the sofa, smiling to myself about how Sirius was finally doing some planning himself.

I had been planning to have a friends marathon for ages now and with my own friends out of the way this was literally going to be perfect. I had my comfy slippers on and my pringles out, I was ready to be the laziest person.

I was halfway through the first episode when I felt my phone vibrating. I was half tempted not to look especially when I saw Sirius's name on the screen but I managed to convince myself that maybe he was just going to say a big thank you for my help and I wouldn't want to miss that.

"Hey Sirius, what's - " I began casually but was interrupted my some sort of yelling that I couldn't understand, "Sirius, speak slowly. I literally have no clue what you've just said."

"Dorcas, my car engine is all smoky and the car has stopped and I don't know how this happened." Sirius said quickly, I could hear the panic over the phone.

"Is it fixable?" I asked, desperate for them to sort it on their own without my help.

"Yes, Dorcas, my engine basically being on fire is fixable." Sirius replied sarcastically which was really annoying especially as he was the one who would probably need help.

"There's no need to be rude." I snapped.

"Sorry... please come and pick us up?" He begged and I was genuinely conflicted. I would feel like a hypocrite if I watched friends on TV whilst my real friends were stranded on a road side somewhere in a crappy car. But I had done so much already for this damn 'bone the lone wolf' scheme that I wasn't sure how much more I could take.

"Dorcas?" James's voice broke me out of my train of thought, "If you do come and pick us up, you wouldn't just be doing it for Sirius, who I'm sure you might be quite tired of - "

"Hey!" I heard Sirius exclaim in the background and James quickly said "Shut up!" in response.

"Anyway, I'm also asking you as a favour. Lily will be on this walk too and I really don't want to mess up..." James continued trailing off, "... Please?" I could almost see him doing his damn puppy eyes from here.

"...Fine." I said finally, "Text me where you are and I'll drive you and MAYBE even pick you up if you're lucky."

"Thank you so much, Dorcas, I owe you one."

"You two can pay me back in pringles and a quiet day in." I huffed as I pulled my shoes on and threw a jacket over my leggings and t shirt. I didn't look awful but if I'd known I'd be going out today I would have at least put a bit more effort in than plain leggings and one of James or Sirius's old t shirts.

My car was an old red fiat which my Dad had bought me for my 18th birthday. It was second hand when I'd got it so it was quite old now but as long as the engine didn't start smoking like Sirius's car I was good.