• Chapter 10 •

"I'm sorry about the set up, by the way." James said as we poured popcorn into a bowl in preparation for our movie day. Since the triple date we'd all been in a bit busy so I hadn't seen my two crazy best friends for almost a week so it was nice to hang out

"Nah, don't worry about it, wasn't your fault."

"Is Peter still trying to talk to you?"

"Luckily no, I was quite up front with him about not being into him. I was quite blunt about it and he gave up after that."

"Sirius should take a page out of your book when it comes to honesty."

"Honesty is the best policy which makes it even weirder that I'm helping him with the biggest lie of the century. I didn't want to lead Peter on, he didn't seem bad but he just wasn't really my type." I said with a laugh.

"What because he's a guy?" James teased, "Should have brought Marlene along instead, Lily mentioned she might not be entirely straight even though she did get off with Sirius."

"I've been known to like a few guys here and there but Peter was too short and too jumpy and I just didn't find him attractive." We walked out of the kitchen, desperately trying to balance the lemonade and popcorn between us, "But if you're serious about Marlene then please do give me her number, she is stunning. It's the least you two idiots could do considering how much I've helped you over the past few months."

"I'll see what I can do." James grinned as we sat down next to Sirius, careful not to spill anything and invoke his wrath.

"You two ready?" Sirius said vaguely as we sat down although he looked a little dazed, like he hadn't quite noticed our presence. Sirius was surprisingly quiet whilst we watched, usually he'd make a comment every few seconds about the hot guys or to complain and pause it to discuss some random plot hole. I wasn't going to complain though, it was nice to watch a film uninterrupted for once.

"Damn it, damn it, damn it!" Sirius said suddenly which was a bit annoying considering we were just getting to the good part of the crappy film we were watching. Me and James exchanged a look and mutually agreed to ignore him. We should have learnt by now that a troubled Sirius as he would make himself known. With a quick sharp gesture, he reached across me and James and grabbed the remote, pausing our film.

"Padfoot, why did you do that?!" James asked, raising his hands in irritation.

"Guys, I have a problem." He looked genuinely troubled and exasperated so we decided to listen, "I don't just want to sleep with Remus now. Before it was that but I think I'm actually falling for him and I think I want to be with him.... but not as Regulus."

"Little bit of a problem there, he likes Regulus not Sirius and I don't think he'll be happy if he finds out." I pointed out, "And can I just say that I totally pointed this out." I gave him a small triumphant smile and he scowled in response.

"I know you did, Dorcas, please don't rub it in!" Sirius said putting his head in his hands.

"I'm not making any promises..." What good was being right about something if you couldn't rub it in?

"He hates Sirius and he'll hate him even more if he finds out I lied." Sirius said.

"That's not true... how about you slowly become more and more like Sirius until one day you're just like 'Hey! The guy you've liked hanging out with is actually Sirius not that dork, Regulus!' I think that could work." James said.

"Yeah, that's true or I could arrange for Sirius to meet him again in secret and then he can date both and pick one in some dramatic choosing thing."