Shawn Mendes // First Date

I met the most absolute dreamiest guy at the park near my house last Friday. His name was Shawn Mendes and he was a total hottie, not only that but he's super sweet as well.

It's now the next Saturday and he asked me out on a date! Unfortunately he won't tell me where we're going.

Time to get ready! I got dressed in a floral circle skirt, a baby pink tee shirt tucked in and white converse.
I kept my makeup simple with some liquid liner, mascara, a little blush and some lip balm. I put my hair into braids last night so I took them out, leaving my hair to be wavy perfection.

Walking over to my dresser, I put on a spritz of Pure Seduction by VS, some diamond studs and a bow ring. All done!

I grabbed my phone and my small brown cross body bag and walked down the stairs.

DING DONG!

What? Shawn's already here?
I rushed towards the door stubbing my toe in the process.
Owwww that hurt like a mo-

"Hello? Y/N?" I heard Shawn say through the door.

Shoot! I hastily unlocked my door, opening it to be met with those dreamy brown eyes.

"Oh hey Shawn." I smiled at him pulling him in for a hug.

"Wow Y/N...you look beautiful." Shawn said after he pulled away, gawking at me.

"Haha thanks. You don't look so bad yourself." I smirked at him. Taking in his brown khakis, blue polo and black vans.

"Oh haha...thanks. So are you ready to go?" Shawn said, blushing at my compliment. Oh gosh, he's so adorable.

"Yeah let's go!" I smiled at him widely, pulling onto his hand and locking the door.

∞ ∞ ∞

"Shawn can you please take off my blindfold? It feels like we've been walking for ages!" I complained to him, waving my hands around in a dramatic gesture.

"Y/N, it's only been three minutes. We're here." Shawn said laughing at me.

"Oh we are? Can I take it off now?" I asked excitedly, clapping my hands together like a child.

"Yes on the count of three. One...two...three!"

As soon as Shawn pulled off the blindfold, I was met with a breathtaking sight.

We were at the park where I first met Shawn. In front of me was a cute little picnic all laid out on the grass, with small electric candles surrounding us.

"Shawn...did you do this all by yourself?" I was so surprised. I didn't think he'd go all out.

"Well yeah... I mean I set it up before I picked you up. It's nothing though..." Shawn cutely admitted shyly, while scratching the back of his neck.

"Let's eat I'm hungry!" I exclaimed loudly, already rushing to sit down on the soft plaid blanket.

"On the menu we have, gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches, strawberry lemonade and for dessert," Shawn said in a posh accent as he pulled out all the food.

"We have homemade red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting! Ta-da!" Shawn exclaimed pulling the cupcakes out of a little box like a chef. I can't get over how cute he is.

"You made all of this? I'm impressed Shawn." I smirked at him.

"Yeah, all just for you Y/N." Shawn smiled, boldly leaning forward and kissing me on the cheek.

I could feel the heat rush to my cheeks as I said,

"Well then, let's eat!" I chirped, still completely boggled that he did that. The butterflies were already swarming.

∞ ∞ ∞

I learned so much about Shawn today. And I'm glad. Talking to him in person is definitely different than texting him. He told me the cheesiest jokes but I laughed anyways because he thought he was so funny. I found myself smiling the whole time. His jokes, horrible burnt cheese sandwiches and great charm made me think.

I could picture myself with him. I felt butterflies in my stomach every time he looked me in the eyes. Or every time he jokingly slapped me on the shoulder, while we were laughing over the simplest things. I've never felt so happy.

"So Y/N...can I ask you something?" Shawn asked, hesitation and nervousness clear in his voice. He avoided eye contact and found his hands to be particularity interesting.

"You already did, but go ahead." I slightly laughed, encouraging him.

"Well okay. There's this girl that I started liking. She's so beautiful, kind, she makes me laugh till my stomach hurts and just hearing her speak makes me happy. What do you think I should do?"

I could see the adoration in his eyes. I felt crushed. Another girl? Does he like someone else? All the hope I had was crushed. But I mean, why would he like me anyways.

"Well umm..." I coughed awkwardly.

"If our roles were switched, I'd ask that special guy to be my boyfriend." I trailed off, smiling sadly. I thought this date was going to move forward onto something more. I guess not...

"Umm...okay," Shawn coughed clearing his throat.

"Y/N...I know we've only known each other for two weeks but I feel like I've known you my whole life. You're so easy to talk to and you make me smile whenever I'm around you. Just talking to you makes me happy. Will you be my girlfriend please?" Shawn shyly admitted, blushing at his own words.

Wait...am I the girl that he was talking about? Am I dreaming?

"Shawn...uhhh..." I rambled wide eyed. Of course I wanted to be his girlfriend. I'm just still processing the words that came out of his mouth.

"Oh. I uh see you don't feel the same way. I'm sorry Y/N." Shawn said sadly. Disappointment and embarrassment on his face.

Wait no, what am I doing. Talk to him! Gosh I'm so stupid.

"Wait no Shawn. I'd love to be your girlfriend! I'm just surprised you even like me as more than a friend." I laughed nervously.

"Really? That's great!" Relief flashed onto his face, smiling brightly at me.

"Well then, you wouldn't mind if I did this would you...?" Shawn huskily whispered as he leaned closer to me.

His lips got closer and closer to my face. Hot breath waving onto my face. As soon as his lips came into contact with mine, I felt fireworks exploding in my stomach. Wait no, that's an understatement. It felt like baby monkeys were dancing. I was walking on the moon or a field of daisies.

Shawn pulled away first and smiled as he looked into my eyes.

"I could get used to kissing you more often." Shawn lazily smirked.

"Me too Shawn, me too." I giggled at him.

∞ ∞ ∞

There you go Shawn girls :)

Don't forget to vote and comment!
This one was longer than my first two. Let me know if you like quick short imagines or long detailed ones.
Have a great day!

-xoxo Sabrina