Matt Espinosa // Beach Date

Never has summer been so boring. I was currently upside down on my bed, just blankly staring at the ceiling. I guess Mother nature decided to torture us today, giving that it was almost 95 degrees. I felt gross and sweaty, I need to cool off. I tried to pull myself up, but I just ended up falling off my bed, landing harshly on my back.

"Ouch mother of-"

My phone abruptly started to ring, the obnoxious Apple default tune filling my room. I pulled myself off from the floor, tossing my bed sheets around trying to find my misplaced phone. Ugh where is it? I let out a huff of air, placing a hand on my hip as I stopped moving. Wait a minute, I reached my hand into the back pocket of my shorts and sure enough, there was my phone. Gosh I'm such an idiot sometimes.

"Hello?"

"Hi Y/N!" The lovely voice of my boyfriend flooded into my ears.

"Matt! Oh gosh hi!" I exclaimed surprised that he was calling me. He's been so busy lately that we've barely had any time to see each other.

"What are you up to baby?" His calm voice asked, awaking the dragons in my stomach. I will never get used to the feeling of being his.

"Oh you know, totally doing something productive. I just got done working out actually..." My voice rambled, being completely sarcastic.

"Y/N, you were in your room doing nothing weren't you?" He suspected, amusement clear in his voice.

"Okay yes, you got me there Matt." I laughed, knowing that I was such a lazy person.

"Well that's about to change! Get dressed for the beach, I'll be there in ten minutes!" He informed me. I could just picture his smile, grinning like a fool, his cute cheeks showing prominently.

"Okay great! See you soon. I love you Matt." I smiled, blushing as I said the words out loud.

"I love you too Y/N." He replied softly.

I have the best boyfriend, dating him feels like I'm in a dream and I'm just waiting to be woken up.

Okay now the tough part, what do I wear. Walking over to my closet, I pulled out every swimsuit I had. I decided on a cute white strapless bandeau with a rhinestone jewel in the middle and sea blue bottoms. I quickly put those on and then put on a lace cover up over my bikini. Grabbing a pink ombre beach bag, I put in a blue towel, sunscreen, my phone, sunglasses, headphones and a Seventeen magazine.

I didn't feel like putting much effort into my hair or makeup. So I just brushed my hair out of the curls I wore yesterday. Putting on a light coat of waterproof mascara and lip balm, I was ready.

The sound of a doorbell being rung downstairs alerted my attention from my thoughts. Throwing my bag over my shoulder and quickly putting on a pair of white strappy flip flips, I raced down the stairs.

"Hey Matt ." I smiled at him widely once opening the door.

"Why hello there my beautiful girlfriend, ready for a beach day?" He smiled back, resembling a little kid. He wore a simple white tee shirt with the sleeves cuffed, blue swim trunks and a pair of black Ray Bans. He looked adorable as always.

"Of course I am, let's go!" I squealed, locking the door behind us and pulling him towards his car.

Matt suddenly stopped in his tracks, causing me to trip over my own feet and fall onto his chest.

"Oh gosh I'm so sorry Y/N! I just wanted to...uh wait here." He apologized as he let go of me and walked over to the passenger side of the car. Opening the door open, he gestured for me to get into his car. He was full of smiles as I laughed at him, walking over.