Chapter 7: OVERTHINKING

Ashton's pov:

I woke up too early. I'm just scared.it was the same feeling that I had when I asked her out, but twenty times intense right now. I don't now what to do. This was the day. This is the day that I have been wishing that wont happen.

Yet the universe has another plan for me. It is do or die. My hand started shaking as soon as I woke up this morning and all I could do was stop and think things over.

I looked at her beautiful sleeping face next to me. What would I do if she just leaves me? I don't know what's in her head. I don't know what would happen today.

I don't want her to see harry. I don't want her away from me. I want her next to me. I don't want to loose her all over again.

I don't know why this happened. I don't know why I had to bring her when she's perfectly fine back at Australia. Everything was perfect. Yet today, it maybe the end of my perfect dream bubble.

She opened her beautiful eyes, furrowing as soon as they looked into me.

"Ash? What's wrong?" She sounded concerned. I hate lying to her.

I shrugged. "It's nothing."

"It is. Why are you acting like that again?"

"Acting like what?" I avoided her gaze. I know she can see right through me. But I hope not this time.

She sighed. "Acting as if your fine. I know you ashton. I have known you since we were in school. And I know the way you think."

She was right. Why was I pretending that I'm fine? Why am I trying so hard to protect her from her past? Why? Am I that selfish?

' You're not selfish. You're doing this because you want to protect her. ' An inner voice in the back of my head says.

I have to lie. If she finds out, she might hate me. Or worst, turn away from me.

"It's nothing. Really I just feel so nervous about meeting mr. Cowell." I lied. That has to convince her.

She stood up, stretching her arms. "Oh. Okay.. " she mumbled and pulled her hair into a bun.

"Wanna grab breakfast?" I offered her, since there was Starbucks across the street.

She nodded. "That would be lovely."

---

I was holding her hand tightly. I don't know if I was scared of the fact that the wind is too strong today and I'm just afraid that she might get blown away by it.

"Ashton, your squeezing my hand." She playfully rolled her eyes.

I smiled at her apologetically. "Sorry babe." I kissed her hand before opening the door for her. We sat in the booth, at the corner of the room but near the window.

She loves seeing people walking down the street doing their things. It just fascinates her.

I sat next to her, putting our food down, as she flipped her phone out.

"Babe? What's instagram? " she asked me as she tapped on her phone.

"Hmmmm.. It's an app.. Where you can post pictures so fans could see what your upto."

"Like twitter!" She exclaimed. Her innocence is just one of those little things that makes me love her more.

I smiled at the thought. "Yep. Just like twitter."

I was about to eat when she stopped me. "Let's pray first.." She mumbled.

I nodded, as she closed her eyes. "God, thank you for waking us up today. Thank you for the food we're about to eat. Thank you for making ashton the nicest boyfriend. Bless our food, guide us today and let good things happen. In Jesus name we pray,"

"Amen." I finished her prayer and smiled at her. "Let's eat."

-----

Getting ready as just hard. I was just nervous.

"Ash, it would be fine." Luke assured me.

"I'm scared Luke." I said in a Worried tone.

"Don't be, whatever happens, happens." He shrugged his broad shoulders.

Calum went into the van and then mike, Luke and I sat next to rocky.

I held her hand, smiling.

I was silent the whole ride. I don't know what to say just to keep my nerves calmed down.

-

Drew walked in the office,smiling and greeting everyone.

"Hi maddie. " he smiled shyly at the clerk at the desk office. "Five seconds of summer, meeting with simon."

"Oh, yeh.. Hmmm, meeting room 6 the boys are already up there" she said as a tint of pink covered her face.

"Thanks maddie, talk to you later."

Drew was smiling as if he won the lottery. But it was something for me not to care about right now.

Simon, the boys, the management, the fans, rocky.

Ashton. Stop over thinking. Why are you so scared? Stop acting so dumbfounded about everything that would happen. Just think about the positive things. Wait, are there positive sides in this situation? No, there isn't. I just can't freaking calm down.

She's walking next to me. Yet she could disappear anytime.

Oh my god. Help me.