Chapter 1

LOLITA

Lo·li·ta- lōˈlētə/

noun

1. a sexually precocious young girl.

Chapter 1

Harry’s POV

I was born in the small town of Evesham in Worcestershire. My father died when I was only a baby, leaving my mother and older sister to fend for ourselves. We moved to Holmes Chapel, Cheshire with the filthy amount of money that was invested to us when he passed, and lived there until I grew older. I’m twenty one now, living in New York City.

My older sister Gemma is still in Holmes Chapel with my mother, Anne. I don’t get to see them as often as I’d like to. My father was a rich man, you see. Very rich. This is why I’ve managed to get ahold of the amount of money I have now. Who’s rich at twenty one? Most people are in college, going to frat parties and drinking until they’re puking on the sidewalks and giggling about it because they’re too intoxicated to care.

Sometimes I wish I had a normal life like that. I wish I had gone to college, hell, I’m lucky I even graduated high school with the grades I had. My first job wasn’t like other’s usual jobs, like working in a restaurant or something easy like babysitting. No, mine involved a secret company and their desire for more and more money. I was one of their best employees. Until I quit because they blackmailed me. My job was to steal money from other companies, to capture certain people and force them to admit the codes to safes which were located in all different parts of the world. Inside these safes hold thousands and millions of dollars. Once I got the code, I would be told by my boss to kill the person because they were not allowed to speak to anyone about this.

I know what you’re thinking. He’s a goddamn murder. I suppose I am, although most of the times I didn’t have the heart to kill them. I wasn’t a killer. I was a fighter, and sometimes I will fight you to death but no I couldn’t kill someone for no reason. So I just gave them a drug, without my boss, Tony, knowing. The drug would make them totally forget what happened, and I would drop them off somewhere relevantly near where I found them.

I’ve never gotten caught. My mother and sister don’t even know. What I do is very illegal, as you can probably tell, but I’m good at it. For someone who barely made it through high school and didn’t go to college, I would admit I’m very smart. I was smart up until the point of lying. Lying to her, my beautiful girl, Lolita.

I met her on a Sunday. It was the 12th of April, a very sunny day in fact. I was sat in a bar, my typical thinking place, with my top lads Louis and Zayn, who helped me with my job. She was sitting across from me, with a girl next to her that she was talking to. Her face lit up in a smile and she let out a giggle. I could only hear it because this is when my world was tuned out except for her.

She placed her delicate looking hand around her martini, bringing it up to her plump lips and looking up, our gazes locking. A shiver immediately went through my spine. Call me dramatic, but it’s true. And I’m positive I saw her shudder too. She held my gaze a little while longer, eyebrows furrowing in, before her friend distracted her and turned her attention to the band that was setting up to play on the stage. She laughed again, glancing up back at me before twisting in her seat and turning her back to me.

Her hair was long, really long in fact. I bet it almost went down to her bum. They were soft, shiny waves. The waves that you wanted to run your fingers through and smell. I bet that they’d smell like coconuts and mint. It was a light shade of brown, almost a dirty blonde but not quite. Her skin was tan and glowing, as if she used some certain cream but I’m sure it was natural.