Chapter 5

Chapter 5

The next morning Lo and I woke up bright and early, at around six. She was cranky and tired but I knew she was excited to start on the journey. Also nervous.

“I dunno what to wear.” She sighs, finishing the French braid she just put in her hair. It looked really cute, with the loose strands of hair framing her face.

“Anything, it doesn’t matter Lola.”

She rummaged through the large suitcase which she brought over my house last night. I was meant to pack it in the car but she insisted to keep it until the morning so she could pick an outfit. “How’s this?” She held up a two piece outfit. The top was a cropped and had little sunflowers on it. The bottoms were high wasted shorts with matching sunflowers.

“It’s adorable. Put it on.” I encourage her. Mostly because I want to get leaving. Just the thought of Dante and his men in the same city as me and Lo gets me incredibly anxious. Also because I’d love to see what the outfit looks on her tan skin.

She smiled, standing up and walking into the bathroom. While she was changing I threw off my shirt and put on a tank-top, knowing that when it was summer it got hot. I tugged on some jean shorts and my converse along with my aviators and was ready to go.

Lolita stepped out of the bathroom as I was putting on deodorant and I nearly dropped the substance when she popped out of the bathroom, hands in the air and a huge smile on her face. She did a 360 twirl and giggled.

“Well? What do you think?”

“I think it’s…it looks so good.” I wanted to rip it off her and just see her beautiful body. The sleeves hung off her shoulders and I saw no strap which meant she wasn’t wearing a bra. Oh dear Lord. I tried to think of ways to survive this trip with her in these skimpy but adorable outfits.

“Thanks Harry. Now I’ve got to brush my teeth…and I think that’s it. Everything else is packed so I don’t want to take it all out.”

“Good idea. I’m going to carry your bag down to the car, okay?” She hums a response then heads back into the bathroom.

On the way down to the car I thought about what I’d do if Dante and his men found me and Lolita. Well for one, it’d be one against, like five, so I would most defiantly lose. Especially if they had guns, which they did. But I knew I’d dodge a bullet to save Lo. If she had one clue what was going on she’d be out of my life in a heartbeat. But now since she’s already mine, I can’t let her go like that.

I would have done anything to avoid the secret from slipping.

I went back upstairs to make sure I had everything packed and also to get Lola out of my flat. I took one last look at my apartment before noticing a small packet of pills on the kitchen table. When I approach I realize there’s more than one pack. I pick one up and read it, discovering it’s Lola’s birth control pills. Shit. She must need these. I carry them out, locking the door and hurrying down the hall with Lo.

Last night she said goodbye to her friends, who were all very happy but sad they wouldn’t see her for a while. I remember watching her kiss each of their cheeks as I sat in the car waiting to drive her to my flat.

“See ya later, alligator.” She said.

“After a while, crocodile.” The one with dark hair said.

She giggled and replied with, “Get fucked, daffy duck.”

Her friends all laughed at her and she blew them kisses as she finally climbed into my car, pressing her nose against the door and waving. I tried to hide my smile at the little goodbye she had with her friends. It was cute, to be honest, and it made me realize how young and innocent she really was.