Lolita

Prologue

“And I knew that the hopelessly pointed thing is not Lolita’s absence from my side, but the absence of her voice from my mind”

When we first made eye contact across the room, it was like my whole world had stopped. I know they say that a lot in crappy romance novels, but it really is true once you experience it. Everything was blurry around me except her. It was when saw Lolita, our eyes locking, her light brown hair partly in front of her face, her nails painted a bright pink and her eyes a daring hazel, that from then on my life would be nothing more than soft kisses, playful laughter, and intimate touches. Perhaps if I had known ahead of time I would have prepared myself for the sleepless nights which I would spend lying in bed, thinking about her tan skin and plump lips. She was always on the run, it seemed. She disappeared as quickly as she entered my life.

I was terrified to lose her, you see. I live a very dangerous life, and when you mix that with such a young innocent girl, bad things can happen. She didn’t know of course. I was too cowardly to tell her because I knew she would leave me if she ever found out. She’s smart enough not to get involved with people like me, but we fell in love so quickly it sucked both of us in.

We were nothing more than just a damaged lustful couple that were completely crazy about each other. I still am. I’m still in love with that girl. I’m still grateful for the few months I spent getting to know her and visiting new places with her. I never would have known my life could turn so magical, so wonderful if it was spent with her by my side.

She was the still point of the turning world, man. I never got over that girl. Never. I mean….you know, I loved a lot of ladies, but not like that. That was real. I’ll never forget the first time I saw her. I didn’t know what had hit me. I didn’t know what to do, cause it was so easy with all the other girls, but she wouldn’t look at me. I was never the kind to pursue, if you know what I mean. That girl drove me crazy, man.

She could fade and wither, I didn’t care. I would still go mad with tenderness at the mere sight of her face. The small faint freckles on her cheeks and nose. The different shades of brown and green in her eyes. Her skin was like velvet and I wished I could touch it forever. She stood about 5’8 tall, lean legs and a perfect size chest. She was fit to be a model. Her laughter was what brightened my mornings, afternoons, and nights.

I looked and looked at her, and I knew as clearly as I know that I will die, that I loved her more than anything I’d ever seen or imagined on earth.