It's Only Pizza

My realisation had seriously shaken my ideal little plans for the future. I had fallen for Alfie and I couldn't ignore them anymore. I couldn't force myself not to believe it because it was true not matter how much I didn't want it to be. It was quite a strange feeling for me though; I had always believed Marcus and I would be together until the end but I just couldn't see that happening anymore.

Over the next couple of weeks, I tried to avoid Alfie as much as possible in order to shake my feelings for him; however this was made difficult when Joe foolishly decided to invite him and Louise over to our house. But unlike the last time, I wasn't care free and completely happy because my feelings had transformed entirely.

"So have you started looking for any flats yet?" Louise asked as we sat gathered in the living room. The truth was, since I discovered my feelings for Alfie; I had tried to put off the flat hunting as much as possible.

I just had to be sure whether it was what I wanted and that I could actually go through with it. I didn't have the heart to break up with Marcus because I still cared about him deeply but I didn't know if I would be able to put up living with him.

"Not yet, but soon." I replied vaguely, smiling weakly at Marcus. I had sensed that he was worried that I had changed my mind as he seemed to visually exhale once I had said this.

"It's about time we got rid of you" Joe teased; I shook my head at him and laughed.

"Maybe we should go and get our food now" Marcus suggested, standing up and making his way to the door hurriedly, I knew how much he loved his food. We had ordered pizza as we usually did when we were together but we had accidently said that we wanted to collect it rather than have it delivered to us.

"Yeah, c'mon then" Joe replied, also lifting himself up from the sofa. Funnily enough, Louise followed.

"I'll come."

I was genuinely bewildered by why Louise suddenly always had to follow my brother around like a lost puppy. I didn't even think that they were that close of friends. But in the recent months, they had become almost inseparable.

I desperately wanted her to stay with me because I couldn't bear being left alone with Alfie, not when I possessed ever growing feelings for him.

"Stay here" I whined, grabbing hold of her arm and pushing out my bottom lip in order to persuade her.  Usually it worked straight away but this time she simply gave me a puzzled look.

"I want to go with them though."

"Why?"

Louise paused for a moment and I was becoming extremely worried. There was definitely something she wasn't telling me and I didn't like it. She was supposed to be able to talk to me about anything, I was her best friend, yet I could tell there was something she was hiding.