Chapter Five

Your P.O.V.

While awaiting Cry's arrival, you decided to take a quick shower, to make sure the smell of your high school was washed off of you, giving you your natural scent. You changed into different clothes, ones that seemed to resemble a girl who plays video games, which was something you were going for. You also fixed yourself up the way you liked to, maybe trying to impress Cry a bit.

After prepping yourself up, you headed downstairs to attend to your puppy. He was outside, of course, bounding around your backyard, barking at every moving thing. You got him about two weeks ago, abandoned and dying on the side of the highway, and even in that terrible state, his little tail wagged while you gave him attention as you took him to the veterinarian to get checked out.

At the vet, he told you a little bit of information about the pup. He stated that he was an Utonagan breed, which resembled a wolf but it was a mix between an Alaskan Malamute, German Shepherd, and Siberian Husky. You decided to call him Arrow, due to the fact that he ran as fast as one. When you went to get him, he sprinted towards you, tripping and rolling before bounding into your hands, licking you all over. Oh, you forgot to mention. Arrow only had three legs. At the highway, Arrow had been hit by a car, and required surgery, also why you were in debt.

You headed inside with Arrow in your arms, gently rubbing the missing leg spot, which calmed him down a bit. You went into the kitchen, setting him down on the floor and turned around to get his dog bowl and kibble. The sounds of you pouring the kibble made Arrow jump around, slipping on the tile floor, making you smile. You set the bowl of kibble next to him, making it easier for him to dig right in, inhaling it in a matter of minutes.

While watching Arrow eat, the doorbell rang, making you jump slightly. "I'm coming!" you called at the door, quickly cleaning up the small mess your pup had made and putting his bowl in the sink. With a small bark, you snatched Arrow up, rushing over to the door and opening it, revealing Cry on the other side of the door. "Uhm, hey," you greeted nervously, swallowing back your fear as you shifted Arrow in your arms, who watched Cry curiously.

He grinned, making your heart beat faster in your chest. You could feel it rising in your throat, and you attempted to swallow it back. "Sup?" he asked, and suddenly, he froze, his mask's eyes eyeing Arrow. "May I hold him?" he asked excitedly, and then you realized that Cry was interested in your three-legged pup.

You laughed at him. "Of course you can, just watch his nub," you warned Cry as you handed Arrow over to him. At first, you thought Arrow would harm Cry but was instantly relieved when Arrow began licking his mask rapidly, making Cry laugh and squirm. You all were enjoying yourselves as Arrow attempted to lick Cry to death, making him laugh harder.

After a little while, Cry handed Arrow back to you with a small pout, ruffling the pup's ears, making Arrow bark playfully, his tail constantly wagging. You put Arrow in his cage, leaving him plenty of water and kibble, just in case he got hungry or thirsty. Also, an old blanket was in the corner of the rather large cage, so Arrow would have something to rest on while a training pad was in the other corner, just in case he did have to go to the bathroom.

Once Arrow was settled, you grabbed your bag, which was filled with a few necessities you believed you might need at Cry's. He offered to carry the bag, which you handed over to him, a smile creeping up on your face. "Are you ready?" he asked, in which you nodded, allowing him to lead the way to his black Intermediate. He opened the passenger's door for you, and you thanked him politely before sliding into shotgun, buckling up. Cry shut the door behind you once you settled in, going around the car to the other side where he got into the driver's side, buckling up, too. He put his keys into the ignition, turning it rapidly as the car turned on, the radio surprisingly off.

You glanced at him as he reached over, turning up the stereo, which softly played some dupstep as he pulled out of your driveway, turning onto the main road. During the drive to Cry's house, rain drops fell onto the windshield, slowly at first, but it picked up pace quickly. As you both pulled in front of Cry's house, it was almost a downpour.

Cry sighed, turning his car off as he looked up at the sky, determining a plan, which wasn't easy to come up with. He pulled his hood up over his head while you shielded your face with your hand before you both exited the car, rushing to the front door. Since his porch did not have a roof, you both stood in the rain while he fished out his house key out of his pocket, jamming it in then going inside with you.

As soon as you entered the house, Cry flipped his hood down to shake his head like a dog as an attempt to free it of water, managing to hit you with the drops of water, forcing you to release a surprised squeal at the cold drops. This humored Cry, making him push himself against you, shaking his head in your face. You laughed harder than he did, struggling against his larger frame, trying to get away as the water pelted you.

You finally managed to push Cry off of you as he chuckled, pulling his hoodie off and hanging it up on a nearby hook. He offered to take yours, in which you gladly took the offer, handing over your drenched hoodie while he hung it up. Underneath his hoodie, Cry had been wearing a plain white T-shirt, which fit his demi jeans and converse shoes. You both removed your shoes at the front door, since mud had covered the bottoms and some of the side, and it was common curtiousy.

You walked a bit in front of the front door, your eyes lingering over each detail of the Cry's house, before a tabby cat jumped up onto the kitchen counter, scaring you slightly. Cry laughed, amused by your fear yet again, in which you shot him a glare as you pet A.K. gently, scratching under his chin, making him purr.

Cry smiled as he saw you bonding with his tabby well, but decided to speak out. "Shall we play some video games?" he asked, motioning to his display set up in the living room, which was across from the kitchen. You nodded as you moved away from A.K., who gave a pitiful meow, displeased by the fact that you had stopped petting him. "You can choose out a video game, if you'd like. I have to run upstairs real quick, my shirt is soaked... If you don't believe me, want to come feel for yourself?" he asked, in which you shot a glare at him as you made your way to the living room, bending down to get a good look at Cry's display of video games.

After he was gone, it suddenly dawned on you that you needed to use the restroom, and you absolutely could not hold it. Being the "smart" girl that you were, you thought it was best to maybe search for it yourself. However, Cry's house was rather large, yet you remained confident that you would find it rather quickly, wouldn't you? You searched the first floor briefly, which didn't satisfy you and your private parts, so you headed upstairs, glancing around.

The first door you saw was cracked open slightly, giving you a small view inside as you approached. Your eyes widened as the magnificent sight was laid out before your eyes, something that you least expected to happen. Cry, who stood shirtless in his room, was searching through his drawers for another shirt, his mask slightly moved to reveal one of his ocean blue eyes, which were amazingly gorgeous. His eyes weren't the only gorgeous thing, though, because his upper torso is what surprised you the most. For a video gamer, you did not expect Cry to be as toned as he was, fitted with a decent pack of abs and his muscles were defined rather well.

As if you had to ruin everything, this sight was short-lived, since you released a gasp, yet your hand to cover it was much too late. Cry heard you gasp, instantly whipping around, catching sight of you. "I.... I am so sorry!" you apologized quickly as he stumbled after you a bit, but you bolted back to the living room much too fast for him to catch up with.

The urge to use the restroom had disappeared suddenly, replaced with the embarrassment of sneaking a peak on half-naked Cry. You wondered frantically thought about what he would think about you, and most of those thoughts were terrible, horrible things, which could not be dismissed from your mind. A.K. climbed onto your lap, curling up there, probably sensing your uneasiness and had a small attempt to comfort you with his cute curled-up form. You gently stroked his fur as you awaited Cry's arrival, nearly praying that everything would be fine. It would be fine, right?