letter 10

I woke up early sighing. The weekend... fun.. As I was getting dressed I heard someone knock on my door. Michael is here. We talked last night and he had to get out of the house so I said he could come over and stay the night. My parents are out doing whatever the fuck they had to do. I walked downstairs and opened the door seeing Michael wearing a black hoodie with black ripped skinny jeans.

"Is it dress like a emo day?" I joked. He chuckled and shrugged.

"I'm emo so its the best day ever." I chuckled at him and let him in. he looked around the house biting his lip. ".This house is nice."

I shrugged. "Eh it looks nice but what goes down in this house isn't so nice." I sighed and he looked at me frowning.

"Hey if you don't mind me asking. what caused that scar on your cheek." I froze for a bit. Hes the second who actually cared about it and wasn't scared of me.

"Before I was in foster homes my dad was abusive to me and my mom... He would beat her and me everytime I tried to protect her. One day when I was 6 my dad pulled a knife on my mom and I didn't wanna watch her die so I ran between them and my father pushed me out of the way and in doing so he cut my cheek.... I watched my mom die that night... that night was also when they started outing me in foster homes..." I looked at the floor playing with my hands before finally raising my head to see Michael.

Michael was looking at the floor biting his lip and playing around with his hands. "I.... i'm sorry to hear...." I shook my head.

"Its fine don't worry." I smiled slightly at him.

He just nodded and walked around finding his way into my room. I followed and watched as he walked to my desk and picked up the letters I have written. He read each of them and I noticed he was biting his lip again. It's sorta cute..

"I know how you feel.... I used to know Clair... I trusted her enough to tell her I was gay in grade 7. She's been there for me to..." I sighed and nodded looking down. "Can I watch you write another letter to her?" I nodded and sat at the desk.

my dearest friend:

Did you know there is another friend who misses you a lot? His name is Michael. Actually there are more then just us who miss you. Your family. I am still confused why you left us. How is death? Is it true once you die you lose all feelings? I guess we will have to wait and see..

We will always miss you...