letter 13

The next day i took a deep breathe. I was aloud to take this day off school to rest. I walked into Lilly's office. She looked at me and smiled. "Hey Alex. Whats on your mind?"

I bit my lip and looked at the ground before taking the chair beside her. She looked at me waiting for me to say something. "Would you accept me no matter what?"

"Of course Alex. No matter what. Sexuality and all." I smiled widely and looked at her.

"Lilly-" She cut me off by covering my mouth.

"No no no call me mom. I am your mom after all now." She chuckled and i smiled.

"Mom... I think i am gay..." She smiled and hugged me.

"I told you no matter what. Your my son now and i am so happy to call you that no matter what your sexuality is or your gender." She kissed my hair before ruffling my hair. "Now go get some rest if you want i can tell the your father and your son."

I smiled and nodded. "Please." She nodded before pushing me gently. I chuckled and nodded standing up walking back my Clair's and i's room and sat on the bed. 

I know Clair isn't sharing this room with me but i refuse to call this mine and only mine because this room first belonged to my best friend. just because she dead doesn't mean i can take what used to be hers.

After sitting down i laid on my side looking at all the photos of her and i. I plan on keeping these for as long as possible. Same with this room. I don't plan on changing anything any time soon. Without realizing i started drifting in and out of consciousness.

I was awaken by someone knocking on my door. I yawned  while stretching and sat up. "Come in." The door opened revealing Michael. 

He smiled and waved to me walking to the bed. "Hey i noticed you weren't at school today so i brought your school work. Lilly gave me a ride here." He chuckled and so did i.

"Thanks. I really appreciate it. Is Joseph making up shit again?" I asked looking over the homework.

"Something tells me you already know the answer." He chuckled. "He's saying he fucked you up so bad that you had to stay in the hospital. But i told him that's lie that you and i got hit by a car and i had the proof." He then moved the hair from the side of his face revealing a scar. 

"Damn. hay do i have one to?" He nodded pointing to the right side of my face but not touching it knowing it would hurt. "damn." I chuckled. "Hey since your up could you pas me a paper and pencil?" He nodded and stood up grabbing the paper and pencil handing them to me. "Oh ya by the way Clair said she misses you." He looked at me worried and confused making me chuckle. "I'll tell you later."

My dearest friend:

I told Michael that you miss him. Your family is really nice and accepting. I couldn't have asked for better honestly. I have not claimed your room as mine but i have claimed it as ours. As if we are sharing it. 

We will always miss you.