Hip Hop?!

"POINT YOUR FEET!" my dance instructor yelled. "Come on! More energy Tori!" She said getting closer. I did my last 8 counts until I finally reached my final pose. I breathed heavily as I reached down for my water bottle. "Good rehearsal today!" Ms. Jeanette cooed. She gave me a high five and pulled me in to a hug. "Go relax for ten minutes and I want you and the rest of the group to meet me in Studio A." She instructed. "Kk!" I smiled. I rushed out the studio doors and headed towards the dancers' den.

I ran over to Autumn and gave her a big hug pulling her to the ground. "Hey Tori!" She smiled, "How's your solo?" She asked. "I like it but it's hard, like its very technical!" I exclaimed. A few minutes passed and we were just talking and laughing until we heard a bunch of loud talking coming through the door. "The boys are back from hip hop rehearsal, lets go to group rehearsal." I rolled my eyes. Autie and I rushed out the den gathering the rest of the group making our way towards Studio A. We all walked in and saw Ms. Jeanette sitting in front of her lap top. "Great! You guys are here!" She smiled. "Before we start I have an announcement" she started, "Tori, you will not be in group dance this week!" She exclaimed. I shot up from the ground and ran over to her! "No no no no, what do you mean I'm not in the group?!" I questioned. "This week I'm taking both groups to a competition, you guys will be in the contemporary/lyrical categories and the boys will be competing in hip hop!" She explained. "But how does that affect me?" I asked puzzled. "The boys are new at this, their not used to competing and learning a group dance so fast and you're the best hip hopper in the studio!" She exclaimed. "But I don't wanna be the best! I'm a lyrical dancer not a hip hopper! This is my team not a bunch of boys!" I whined. "Tori look, it's either dance with the boys or don't dance at all!" She snapped. I rolled my eyes and stormed out the room. Don't get me wrong, I love Ms. Jeanette like an aunt but this just really set me off!