Chapter Eleven

"Are you gonna finish that?" Blake asked, pointing to Dani's plate. Dani eyed his from the other side of the couch, noticing that it was completely scraped clean.

"Yes, I am." She said, laughing. "You don't need any of my food anyways. You're big enough."

Blake put his hand on his chest, feigning hurt. "Are you calling me fat? Mean ass."

Dani laughed and shook her head, eating her food and focusing on the movie that was currently on the tv.

About an hour later, the two were cuddled up on the couch; Blake on his back with Dani on top of him. Her head was nuzzled into his chest as his arms were wrapped tightly around her.

It wasn't long until Blake realized that Dani was gripping his shirt, nails almost digging into his skin.

"Are you okay?" He asked, looking down at her.

"I'm fine, just a little headache," she answered without looking at him, biting her lip.

Blake gave her a nod before returning to the movie. A few minutes later, Dani suddenly hopped off of him, running to the bathroom and slamming the door behind her.

He got up as well, and followed her. "Dani?" He asked knocking on the door. When he received no reply, Blake opened the door to see Dani on the floor bent over the toilet.

"Ahh, fuck." He muttered before getting down next to her and tucking her hair behind her ears.

"Maybe you should've eaten the rest of my food." Dani mumbled just before continuing to throw up in the toilet.

Blake dismissed her small joke and began to rub her back in circular motions. "Do you think it was the food?"

"Probably," she said, sitting up and flushing the toilet. "It was hella spicy."

Blake got off of the floor and helped Dani up. She walked over to the sink and began brushing her teeth. Blake kept his eyes on her through the mirror, concerned.

"What?" She asked after a while as she brushed, though it came out as 'wub'.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He asked, wrapping his arms around her from behind.

"I'm fine."

"Really, Dani?"

"Jesus Christ, Blake." She said before spitting into the sink and rinsing her mouth out.

Dani turned around to face him and stepped on her tiptoes to peck his lips. "I'm fine, okay? Stop worrying." She said, offering a small smile.

Blake didn't respond, only watched her walk out of the bathroom.

As soon as she left, she made her way upstairs, her smile disappearing immediately. Dani knew she just bullshitted everything she just said to Blake, almost believing it herself.

The truth of the matter was, Dani had no idea what was wrong with her, which scared her. She went into Blake's - their - room to retrieve her medicine from her bag and take it.

Sighing, she went back downstairs to see Blake sitting on the couch, trying to watch tv. The look on his face told her that he was still worried.

Dani walked over and placed herself onto his lap so that she was straddling him. She wrapped her arms around his neck as he held onto her waist.

"Are you still worrying about me?" She asked, putting her forehead on his.

"How can I not?" He murmured.

She lifted her head and grabbed his face. "I. Am. Fine. Promise."

Blake sighed in defeat. "Okay."

Dani gave a half-assed smile and kissed him, his grip tightening around her waist.

When she pulled away from him, Blake poked his bottom lip out, making her laugh.

"I still have a headache." She said, repositioning herself so that she was sitting on his lap, her head on his chest.

"From what I saw earlier," he whispered into her ear. "I don't think you could handle it either way."

Dani felt a violent blush creep up her face as Blake chuckled. He was never gonna get tired of seeing that.