Chapter 55 - better than them

— STEPHANIES POV —

We stare at each other in utter disbelief. My brother is stood right in front of me and it's the first time I've seen him in nearly 5 years. He's changed a lot but I know straight away that it's him, i don't have a doubt in my mind.

"JASON.." I scream as I run into his arms with no reluctancy whatsoever. I get the biggest hug in the world back, the hug I've been missing for 5 years, the hug that I wanted to give him the day he was physically forced out of our house, but I got locked in my room.

I cry into his jacket emotionally as he does the same.
"I've missed you so much." He sobs as he strokes my back sympathetically. "How's everything at home?"

I don't want to even think about my parents, but I know I have to, I gave up a lot, and I need to get it off my chest.
"I got kicked out too." I begin "because I got a girlfriend too, this is Michelle." I smile amongst tears, gesturing my hand at her.

"Nice to meet you Michelle." He grins as he shakes hands with her carefully. "This is my boyfriend Luke." He smiles as Luke Stephen forward to greet me. "Did they seriously kick you out Stephanie?" He angrily asks, clenching his fists.
"Yeah but it's okay, because I don't need them. If you can make it, so can I."
"We're both better than them." He smiles as he continues to cuddle me.

So I guess that's our story. After the trip to New York, I moved into Michelle and Linda's cottage. So far everything has been incredible and I never have to think about speaking to my parents again. I'd like to say we all lived happily ever after, but I still don't know what the future holds for me. Either way, I have Michelle to see me through the rough times because she loves me and I love her. Our feelings are undeniable for one and other, and we're never hiding them again.