Fallen

I dont own Inuyasha. Rumiko Takahashi does.

CHARACTERS ARE OOC CONSIDERING THE FACT THAT THIS BEGAN AS A DREAM... AND SHALL END THE WAY MY DREAM ENDED.

PART 1

"Some say there are no guarantees in life, but I choose to disagree. With life comes many certainties, such as pain and sorrow..." -Kikyou to her two shikikami, a week before her death

"Rin, it's time for you to get your meal," Sesshomaru said as he stared beyond a cliff, during a clear cool spring day. He placed a long white lock of hair behind his elfin ears and looked back at Rin through the sides of his eyes.

His long white hair cascaded down his back, as the wind blew strands of it against his face. Sesshomarus purple crescent moon on his forehead and the two red markings on each cheek looked sharp and alluring against his pale skin.

His kimono was mostly white with a red honeycomb and flower crest at the collar of his sleeves. He still had on the spiked pauldron of old on his left shoulder that attached to the upper section of his armor- and two swords strapped to his left thigh. His white fluffed mokomoko tail wrapped around his right arm, due to the fact that it would drag on the floor if he didn't put it in that position.

Behind him were his two-headed lizard demons Ah-Un and the green toad demon, Jaken. Rin, his only human cohort, was behind the three, admiring the cherry blossom trees hovering above them. She had on a red and white kimono and brown hair that was set up in a side pony-tail.

Rin turned to look at him and smiled, beautifully. Her cheeks were flushed and her eyes sparkled with life. "Yes, Lord Sesshomaru," she replied as she bowed before him. Then she happily sauntered off into the dense pink and green forest in search of some food.

Rin wasn't happy to leave Sesshomaru. God, no. She was never happy to be without him. But, she was hungry and Lord Sesshomaru had been looking beyond the cliff for more than a half an hour sniffing out some such demon. She didn't really know. What she could acknowledge was that her stomach was grumbling and she was sure Lord Sesshomaru had heard it.

How embarrassing, she thought as she continued down the trail of cherry blossom trees. It was truly a beautiful day. The sun was just setting causing yellow-orange rays to beam down through the trees, creating light spots on the grass. She hopped on to the patches of light that were on her path-and then came to a sudden halt.

Just beyond an old, almost gray, sakura tree she saw a shadow. It wasn't large enough to belong to a deadly demon, but it was big enough to be a human man. God, how those beings scared Rin. The only few she ever befriended were Inuyasha and Miroku. And they just became men. Inuyasha was now 28-or at least, that's what Kagome said (Rin would never be sure since he still looked no more than twenty years of age)-while the monk Miroku was 30. She knew they were only kind because their wives tamed them.

As for the rest, Rin loathed them.

Wanting to stay clear of danger she spun around, not realizing her pony-tail was set freed, and walked back to where Sesshomaru would be. She hoped.

He wasn't there.

"Darn," she muttered softly. A cool breeze fluttered through her tresses causing her hair to go into her mouth. She spat it out and wiped her kimono. "Guess I'll have to find a new place to find food." She was really in the mood for a boar. She shrugged. "I shall settle for some fish," she proclaimed to no one in particular.

So she climbed down the cliff, carefully trekking down the rocky slope. There was a river bank there, filled with, what she hoped was, really tasty fish. Or salmon. On the other side of it stood a dense, seemingly endless, forest filled with ever-green trees that seemed to touch the sky.