Broken

I own my crap, not InuYasha.

Not much Sesshy and Rin in this one. At the end, though, there is.

"I'd never felt depressed as much as I did when Kagome was gone for those three years. Being without her for that long made me realize how much I loved her. And how heart-broken I felt that she chose her own time over me..." -Inuyashas thought as he sat by the bone eaters well and slept beside his wife

The group, including Ken, soon returned to the camp site that was now lit by the afternoon sun- except for Sesshomaru, of course. He was still in the forest, brooding.

Yuki, who was standing beside Ken, who was also sitting on the grass, watched as Riu stood protectively by his sister a few feet away from them. Rin was staring at the trees-she'd been doing that for quite some time now-probably wondering where he was. There was a bemused frown on the girls face.

Ken followed her gaze. "Why's she frowning like that?"

Yuki looked down at Ken. He was such a handsome demon. It was strange, though. Yuki had never felt any attraction toward him. Oh sure, they were good friends when they were younger—but they were only friends. She supposed it was a good thing. It would have been strange for Yuki to be attracted to him. And for him to like her back. She was a boy with him, after all.

Ken decided to stay with them for a day because he had nothing better to do, apparently. He'd said: "I can start looking for my lady love tomorrow. I've waited centuries; I think I can wait another day."

"I don't know very much about them. I just met them yesterday," she replied to his query.

Kens face went grim. After Riu went to talk to Rin, Ken had asked Yuki how she met them. She told him what she could and what she didn't say, she left for him to guess. He knew what the bandits did to her. In her male form, too. And he was angry and sad... and ashamed. That shouldn't have happened to her. If only he had told her how to save her husband from death, she would have been with him safe and sound. Instead he kept the secret to himself so that his father didn't take away his belongings.

He was so damned selfish. He hated the demon he once was. Self-absorbed and debased. Caring little—or none—for the people around him.

Except for Yuki.

His family had moved into her village to settle down for a few, forty years ago. They were a migrating demon tribe and could not live in one place for too long. They lived in her village for about six months before they migrated to the continents, and he'd befriended the half demon along the way. Yuki was the closest thing to his kind there. And they became good friends—fast. Best friends later on.

But he betrayed her by letting the husband she loved—whom he admired—die.

He didn't deserve to be forgiven, but Yuki did just that. She forgave him. He knew she did. And he loved her for that. But he still felt indebted to her. So, he decided to stay and watch over her for a while. He told Yuki he'd stay for a day but that wasn't true. Until he knew beyond any doubt that she was safe with the demon and the two humans, he wouldn't leave her side for a second.

"What do you know about them?" he asked as he sat on the grass. Yuki followed suit and sighed.

"Not much. I know Riu is Rins sister. The demon, I believe, is her guardian. But, as Riu said, he secretly loves her to distraction."

"Why doesn't he tell her?"

"I don't think he knows she loves him—and he's very proud."

Ken raised his eye brows. "How do you know that?"