In love

When a man falls in love he acts out of character (hopefully). So too, does Sesshomaru.

Rumiko Takahashi owns everything that is awesome.

"I think I love her..." Riu

Inuyasha, the half brother of the great demon lord Sesshomaru, watched as his half brother slept, below him, on a tree.

He'd never seen the proud demon sleep before. In fact he never even knew Sesshomaru slept. He'd always assumed that he had some kind of gift or ability that allowed him to sustain energy even without resting. The proud demon never gave off the impression that he could sleep.

It was a moment of weakness to any human or demon who did so. And Sesshomaru was not one to give into any form of vulnerability. Even when he was weak, he still persevered until he defeated whatever obstacle was in his path.

Looking down at him, Inuyasha watched as the once aloof demons face gave off different facial expressions that went from awe to...uh, pleasure. And then to pain.

Inuyasha couldn't believe it! He closed his eyes tightly and then opened them again yet still Sesshomaru looked pained.

What the heck was wrong with him?

Inuyasha searched around the grassy area. The evening sky was mixed with light and dark hues of purple and pink. A few small black demon crows followed determinately behind a brown and grey falcon. On the field of greens Inuyasha found Jaken cautiously approaching his lord. Large clumsy foot prints trailed along the grassy surface.

The demon looked disturbed and confused as he came closer.

Ah-Un was a few feet away from the toad grazing in the grass. The two headed staff that belonged to Jaken was resting on Ah-Un's saddle. He completely ignored the soft words that Sesshomaru was now whispering.

Inuyasha looked back at his half-brother. What's he saying? He leaned forward intent on hearing the soft words. But then suddenly Sesshomaru sat up straight—and gasped Rins name.

Inuyasha frowned. "Rin?" he whispered, softly. Why would Sesshomaru whisper her name?

He scanned the area once more and sniffed the air. She ain't here.

Sesshomaru sat up against the lone tree in the middle of the whole field, and covered his face with his hands. Inuyasha easily noticed the light sheen of sweat building on his skin.

Whoa. Someone had a nightmare.

Jaken slowly edged toward Lord Sesshomaru, but it looked as if the youkai-lord hadn't even noticed the frog coming closer to him, until he spoke. "Milord?"

Sesshomaru didn't pull away from his face. He grunted on his hands.

"What happened to you?" Jaken asked softly, staring at him with a worried expression.

"What are you talking about?"

"You were muttering in your sleep, milord," he began. "You were saying Rins name."

Inuyasha watched as Sesshomarus body stiffened. He slowly put his hands down and focused his vision on Ah-Un. The two headed demon groaned as he sat on the ground and rested his heads. "Think nothing of it, Jaken. It was nothing."

"But-"

"Forget it, Jaken," Sesshomaru snapped and Inuyasha flinched. Oh, shit. Sesshomarus pissed.

Jaken bowed his head, resembling a child who'd done something bad and was being reprimanded for it. "Yes, Lord Sesshomaru."

Then Sesshomaru gave Jaken a side glance and said, "Get Ah-Un ready."