Realization

I will forever own nothing... Except my cat. And my Ipod touch. Again.

"Ignorance is bliss..." -Inuyasha to Kagome, when she said she thought she'd marry Hojo

Rins eyes shot open when she felt Sesshomarus tongue on her brow. It was warm and smooth and with each stroke came a warm sensation filling the area of her right brow. It felt incredible.

She looked up into Sesshomarus eyes and saw that they were closed, but there was a slight blush on his cheeks. She frowned and whispered, "Lord Sesshomaru."

He lifted his hand and put a finger to her mouth. "Shhh, let me finish."

"But what are you-"

"My saliva has healing qualities. Im trying to heal your wounds. Now, just lie still and let me finish."

"But-"

His eyes opened and he narrowed them at her. "Lie. Still."

She closed her eyes and let him continue with his ministrations...

It was a very awkward experience having Lord Sesshomaru lick her. Was it an honor? Yes. Yes it was. If Rin wasn't so weak, she would have been screaming inside her head "Thank you Gods!" But since even her brain hurt her, she stood still.

Sesshomaru continued down her eyebrow and then moved to her left. It caused a shiver to run down her back. Her breathing labored and her heart was palpitating a thousand miles per second. She could not believe Sesshomaru was doing this. She tried to remember if she'd ever seen him do it for someone else... and got a headache.

"Rin," he said softly. "I told you to relax."

"Yes, my lord."

"That means no thinking."

"Milord, that's impossible."

He almost smiled. "It's possible when you know it's giving you headaches."

Silence. Then, "Why are you doing this, Lord Sesshomaru?"

He was quiet for a few seconds. He then said, "You need to be healed so we can go find those men who—who hurt you. They will be killed for what they did."

Rin was not known for having a vindictive nature. She hated killing anything— even flowers. But she definitely wanted to get back on Mr. Ugly for what he and his companions did to her. They deserved hell.

Sesshomaru, she knew, agreed. Still, she couldn't stop thinking about what he was doing to her. It felt so good. He lifted his arm and caressed her thigh. Rin jumped but he pushed her down and told her to stay still. He knew what he was doing.

His eyes were closed for one reason and one reason alone. And that was because he was feeling... strange. He really couldn't describe it. With each second he cleaned Rins wounds he felt an even stronger pull towards her. He was only supposed to clean the blood on her brow. But he couldn't stop himself. After taking in one taste of Rins skin, he wanted her. He didn't just want to heal her; he wanted to ravish her. Consume her. She tasted so good, like cherry blossoms and grass. Like nature. And when he was done cleaning her he wanted to... he wanted... Oh, gods... What the hell did he want? He never felt like this before. Was this what Inuyasha felt every time he was with Kagome? Was this all consuming sensation running through his—groin—body... desire?

He didn't care. He loved this new feeling. It was incredible.

It was perfect.

**********

Riutami raced after the boar which was to be his next meal for the day. He hadn't eaten since the day before and he was starving. A young man of his twenty eight years needed all the sustenance he could get. Living in the wild demanded one had strength and ingenuity to live in it. And Riu would be damned if he allowed the forest to get the best of him. His pride demanded he survive in these woods for he wouldn't allow death to come to him by anything but a worthy demon.