New People

Bren POV 🌤

"Good Morning Bren...." Principal Mackey said as I walked in the principal's office. It's my turn to be "interrogated". They've been doing this with different students all day so far.

"Good morning Principal Mackey." I replied. I looked over and noticed Officer Tasha. She's the officer who helped me through my father's murder. She also likes being called by her first name.

"Hey Officer Tasha!" I greeted her with a hug.

"How are you doing Bren?" She asked

I sighed. "I could be way better." I said, being honest with her.

She frowned then nodded her head.

Moments later, Lugo walked in the room and Principal Mackey immediately said "Alright, now that you two are here, please take a seat. We need to ask y'all some questions."

Lugo and I sat down and Officer Tasha asked us "What were y'all relationship with John?"

"We were all best friends...." Lugo answered.

"When's the last time y'all saw John?"

"Last night. We were all over my house...." I answered.

"Who's all?"

"John, Lugo and our other friend Austin."

"Oh, we spoke to Austin earlier. Good guy he is...."

"Yeah, he's great." I said, blushing a little.

She nodded her head then got up "Well that's all I needed to know from y'all. Y'all are free to go...." 

"Wait, that's it? You're letting them go that easily?" Principal Mackey asked.

"Yes I am, is that a problem, Principal MacSauce? I know Bren very well, plus look at these boys. They wouldn't hurt a fly." She told him.

Principal Mackey sighed then said "Ok fine. Let's bring in the next student."

Lugo and I got up and headed towards the door. I gave Tasha a hug. It was really nice seeing her again.

"You be safe out here, you hear me?" She said to me.

I smiled. "Yes I hear you."

"Alright now, get on out of here and go back to class." She said, sounding like my Mom in a way. I chuckled and did what I was told.

Jacob POV ☀️